Author Topic: seat on st  (Read 13503 times)

Turtle

Re: seat on st
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 11:19:53 PM »
Yes I have a pair of those LD comfort shorts I wear under my jeans yes they work really well and I have the head cap also for under my helmet keeps the sweat away
I can recommend them  :thumb

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 07:17:34 AM »
I also find that g-strings are most comfortable as far as underwear goes for a long ride....

Thanks for the hint Wendy.   I tried it, but it didn't work for me.  :o
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

BSA M21 600cc single (1948)
Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

rjstorrie

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »
I used to ride around on the dept 1300 and want to pour a glass of cold water down the front of my jocks (I'm sure you guys will be familiar with that sensation), however riding my own 1300, with fitted sheepskin, I've never suffered the same experience.

Verdict.............. Highly recommended

Poppy

Poppy,

I'll have to look into something to seperate me from the tank, on the RTE on 19 Jan 13, on the return trip home, temp's were getting to 38-40, I was experiencing some very uncomfortable sensations from what I thought was the sun heating my black cargo's and burning the delecate parts of my thigh.

I stopped under a bridge on the Logan motorway, felt the tank and found it was this that was burning hot (on skin anyway). I could even feel the heat through my gloves from the tank.

I have the Corbin seat (extremely comfy) but need to protect me from the tank heat.

Rob.

atoyot

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
mum told me they will last four days day one / back to front day two
inside out day three / back to front day four.
cheers doggy

Inside out is fine, but back to front Jock Straps!!!! :eek :eek

Certainly not good insulation for heat!

I also find that g-strings are most comfortable as far as underwear goes for a long ride....

Thanks for the hint Wendy.   I tried it, but it didn't work for me.  :o

StinkyPete, maybe you and Doggy need to get together and work out if G-Strings are comfortable back to front :grin

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 08:29:51 PM »
I used to ride around on the dept 1300 and want to pour a glass of cold water down the front of my jocks (I'm sure you guys will be familiar with that sensation), however riding my own 1300, with fitted sheepskin, I've never suffered the same experience.

Verdict.............. Highly recommended

Poppy

Poppy,

I'll have to look into something to seperate me from the tank, on the RTE on 19 Jan 13, on the return trip home, temp's were getting to 38-40, I was experiencing some very uncomfortable sensations from what I thought was the sun heating my black cargo's and burning the delecate parts of my thigh.

I stopped under a bridge on the Logan motorway, felt the tank and found it was this that was burning hot (on skin anyway). I could even feel the heat through my gloves from the tank.

I have the Corbin seat (extremely comfy) but need to protect me from the tank heat.

Rob.

I had the same problem with the tank getting burning hot on my 04 ST1300.
The issue was fixed by installing a Bagster Tank cover.
It is a leather like cover with padding on the sides where your legs touch the tank. This stops the heat getting to you... oh and you can attach tank bags to the cover :eek :grin

They are a bit pricy but worth it :thumbs :thumbsup

Ausie supplier:
http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/catalog.php?category=Bagster

Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BAGSTER-BAGLUX-TANK-COVER-PROTECTOR-FOR-HONDA-ST-1300-PAN-EUROPEAN-DARK-BLUE-/180751716172?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a15a44f4c

Or pick your colour
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=bagster%20st1300&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
I can back Shiney up on that score.  The tank cover is excellent in many ways.  It only becomes a liability when you need to raise the tank, because the front strap goes under the steering head and it's a pain to get the buckle done up on reassembly.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline zevk

• ST1300ABS
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 10:34:04 PM »
really dislike the OEM seat.

I tried it with Goodwool sheep skin, with and without air hawk, on and underneath the sheepskin and all combinations... found no comfort as always pinching my inner thighs and pushing me foward to the tank, even with setting as described previously.

I took the bike (ST1300) to a local coach trimer Alan at OZTRIM, 03-98702747 in Ringwood and for < $100, he sculpted, sanded, glued and modified the seat.

now I sit in the seat not on it and its much better. Still not a long day seat imho but much better than oem. :thumbs
Zev

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 07:16:11 AM »
StinkyPete, maybe you and Doggy need to get together and work out if G-Strings are comfortable back to front :grin

Perhaps a "Show and Tell" at Middleton!  :butt  :eek   :law
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

BSA M21 600cc single (1948)
Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »
Not sure about wearing a G-string...I'll have to think about that some before I venture down that path, thoughts of what the ambos might say should I get into a situation where I need them  :crazy >:(). However I have in the past,when the weather has been bitterly cold, with snow and high winds, worn ladies tights under trousers. They are superb at keeping your legs warm. Something to think about under Kevlar jeans maybe? I haven't tried it yet but might come winter.
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

atoyot

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:31 PM »
Not sure about wearing a G-string...I'll have to think about that some before I venture down that path, thoughts of what the ambos might say should I get into a situation where I need them  :crazy >:(). However I have in the past,when the weather has been bitterly cold, with snow and high winds, worn ladies tights under trousers. They are superb at keeping your legs warm. Something to think about under Kevlar jeans maybe? I haven't tried it yet but might come winter.

I suppose a Kevlar GString would be even harder to explain. I wear a pair of bike "nicks" under my Kelvar jeans (Draggin Sliks) as the Kevlar is fairly rough on the back part of my inner thighs, and I find the nicks really help in stopping severe chafing there, well somewhere in that area.

Funny you should mention the lady's tights, as my Great Uncle in France in WWI wore french ladies underwear and stockings after they found an abandoned hosiery factory (maybe somewhere near Pozieres?) and a heap of diggers kept relatively warm in the snow and slush by added to their under layers - true story. I think if I get some tights, I'll have to get them myself, as my wife would absolutely refuse to go in and ask for a pair in the size I'd take. I'd have to think how I might be able to obtain a pair that might fit too. How did you get yours Whizz?