Author Topic: Jenson Radio Install on 1100  (Read 9149 times)

Offline Nick

Jenson Radio Install on 1100
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »
I am very happy with this radio even having only briefly tested it with my ipod earphones and a coat hanger for my aerial. Still waiting on my concealed antenna to arrive. Opted for a Ram Mount (Bar Mount) to attach the radio to my bike. Wanted to keep the handlebar cover in place for this installation. Took a guess at the medium length RAM arm and it was perfect.

Step 1- attach RAM Mount Base to bar

Step two- Remove Honda badge from bar cover and cut hole adequate to fit the end of the RAM arm through

Step 3- Attach mounting arm

Step 4- Loosely replace bar cover so the radio backing plate with ball can be attached to arm. It is obviously necessary to leave the cover loose in order to tighten the RAM Mount when the radio is added.

Step 5- Attach radio and replace all screws for handlebar cover.

I wired my radio to a recently installed fuse block. Power and ground is simple. Plan on connecting this to a starcom1 digital unit in the near future. I used corrugated tubing to house the wiring going back through the top of the handle bar cover and down the right side of the bike to the tail section where my fuse block is located. Will tidy up the headset connection lead and antenna lead once the other bits arrive.

This radio is full of features and simple to use. Managed to work out and adjust most settings within a couple minutes without reading the instruction booklet. Would highly recommend this. Got mine on Ebay for just over $200 AUD including shipping. The dollar was a little better then though.

My concealed antenna finally arrived and it only took a short time to hook up. The cable itself is around 3 foot long and the whip is about 21 inches. The whip is essentially backed with 3m tape so it will stick. I opted to put mine under the plastic in the front end. It picks up all FM stations in the Sydney region crystal and easily finds those on the AM band. A little interference in the AM however I get that in my car so not really a concern. Found this on Ebay and can recommend it. Next step Starcom1...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:15:45 PM by Nick »

Rodd

Re: Jenson Radio Install on 1100
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »
Nice and tidy install, Nick.
Does that radio have bluetooth?

Offline Nick

Re: Jenson Radio Install on 1100
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »
No Bluetooth but does have auxillary input for iPod/gps connectivity.