Author Topic: OzSTOC Custom Motorcycle Jacket  (Read 271066 times)

Offline spanner

• Blue is better .... apparently
  • NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • legend in my own match box.
Re: OzSTOC Custom Motorcycle Jacket
« Reply #825 on: January 23, 2015, 01:14:08 PM »
Settle Sabie .......  :crazy  .... not having a personal attack on you by any means.

I am saying that i for one will not be charging postage . Take that on face value that is all. I am saying that I have the ability to absorb the cost that is all. I know very well what it is like to be on a reduced income. i am not saying dont ask for it as I actually stated in another comment above that it IS THE RESPONSABILITY of the manufactuer BUT even in australia the consumer is liable for postage if they wish to return it.

i think it does no good at all to be haranging the volunteer leadership for the choice they have made. A decision was made .... under time preasure and other issues being hounded on them.

Have a refreshing ale .... or similar and know that I do really feel for you and others who might have to wait longer for your jacket but you and others do have the ability for a refund if you choose.

yours in harmony, riding and cold cold beers.    :beer
F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

I acknowledge the Bindal and Wulgurukaba traditional custodians of this Australian land that I work, live and play on, and pay my respect to their cultures, their ancestors and to the elders, past, present and all future generations.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #826 on: January 23, 2015, 01:16:30 PM »
take ownership of the restitution of the problem and not "I"ve got a jacket that fits me the rest of you are on your own and then step back in when the dust has settled to order new jackets.

That is far from what is happening.  Those "at the Top" are working their butts off to make this work for at least 50 of those affected.

We will allow this exchange format to remain open for about 1 week, after that time the OzSTOC leadership team will step in and disperse the remaining jackets as we see fit to the members who have not yet exchanged by contacting the member holding the Jacket to be moved on. Once we have as many members fitted into the Jackets as possible we will ask the remaining non fitting Jacket holders to send their Jacket to the OzSTOC shop for resale to other small members and go onto the list for re-manufacturing OR they can be given a FULL refund from Mark at Zen or possibly a store credit arrangement providing they have passed their Jacket onto another member who has paid for a Jacket.

Please understand this exchange is to be carried out in the most impartial manner possible by all concerned......to be frank we don't care if you don't know the member that has requested your Jacket or don't regard them as your best mate.....ALL members of OzSTOC whether a well known identity or an unknown but still fellow member are entitled to be treated with the respect they deserve as a member of OzSTOC.

I hope you understand the frank manner we need this exchange to take place, and we do understand many members have made arrangements already with fellow club members once the exchange option is announced, but please we need this to be a fair and transparent exchange for all concerned.

watch what you say, watch what decisions you make and make them for the good of the club  (which it isn't) and not for the benifit of the owners of the "club"

It is a Club, and to suggest it was set up for the benefit of its "owners" is to revisit issues already settled.
I don't recall any mention of money changing hands when saaz, ST2UP and Pockey became the "Top".

For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline spanner

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
« Reply #827 on: January 23, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
oh ..... and absolutly no violence!

:grin
F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

I acknowledge the Bindal and Wulgurukaba traditional custodians of this Australian land that I work, live and play on, and pay my respect to their cultures, their ancestors and to the elders, past, present and all future generations.

Online Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #828 on: January 23, 2015, 01:25:28 PM »
Those who are not happy with the jacket situation are able to obtain a refund from ZEN

I notice this being said to those who won't be getting a swap by those who did get a swap.
Of course... because thats the alternative option in case you don't want to wait for the replacement jacket

I paid in good faith to get a jacket and I believe I was one of the fist few who did and ordered and paid, but if I don't like the the fact I'm not getting a jacket then I can go and get my money back hmmm, that sounds fair....

You're going to get a jacket either by swapping or by waiting a bit longer, If you don't want to wait, we have the option of a refund or store credit.

I don't get what your issue is.

It's not like you are NOT ever going to get a jacket, you just have to wait a bit longer

Offline NandV

• ST1300 Aussie Legend
« Reply #829 on: January 23, 2015, 07:01:57 PM »
Hi Chris & Team,
Been following the comments here and on the exchange thread, a bit afraid to enter the fray until a few cold showers have been taken and cold beers are back in hand!!!
Currently have 2 jackets here (Emerald Vic) for the exchange forum (1 x M  &  1 x XL)
Val & I have our sizes sorted and by next Monday will have finalised the sizing for a couple of extra jackets we require as gifts for some overseas ST1300 riding friends.
Will post our total requirements onto the thread at that time.
OK for our order to be supplied in one lot & will collect them from Mark at Zen when they arrive, preferably before we leave for Sth America in early June 2015.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers
Neil & Valerie :slvr13 :13Candy :rd13

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #830 on: January 23, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
Here is a summary of the day from beneath the Kitchen table, there is spread sheets, post it notes and tablet/phone chargers everywhere.....

With your valuable help we have managed to place 24 Jackets so far today with happy new owners or existing happy owners whilst paying for the Australia Post XMAS party, unfortunately we also have 10 members without Jackets.....of these we have 1x remake, 1x refund and 2 Store credits requested, the rest remain in hope. We still have a further 10 occasional members to bring into the loop who haven't posted or been appraised of their options yet.

We sent the plan out yesterday by email, Forum and Facebook to all those effected for the sake of transparency and fairness.

With 59 phone conversations totalling 3hrs and 46minutes..... countless PM's, emails and one accidental FaceTime  Wot thuh between the 2 of us..... :eek The iPads and iPhones are smouldering   :p

Just to elevate any concerns that arose through the day, that we just didnt have time to comment on.....only 2 of the current 5 members of the leadership team and forum Moderation team have a Jacket secured so far.

Thanks for your help every one  :thumbsup

The day may have been busy but rewarding and productive.....

:beer

Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Online Wild Rose

• Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #831 on: January 23, 2015, 10:59:08 PM »

Tim, tding with his 6XL on

Here I am with Tim's jacket on with winter and waterproof liner's in  :thumb

Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

Offline denis

• ST Legend
« Reply #832 on: January 24, 2015, 05:43:25 AM »
Hi CHRIS,STREAK,MARK,TEAM. Bit afraid to say anything but you are on to best of situation. Could we please order and I will pay for two more jackets 5xl for our NZ bike as very happy with ones we have. Its colder over there so I am going up a size for myself. Thanks for all your efforts and paitance. Denis, Diane.

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #833 on: January 24, 2015, 07:19:16 AM »
[/URL]

Here I am with Tim's jacket on with winter and waterproof liner's in  :thumb

Looking Good Leo!
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2015, 08:03:14 AM »
In a conversation with Mark from Zen this morning he confirms he will accept NEW Custom OzSTOC Jacket orders when he places the re-order for the members left without Jackets from the exchange.

If you could indicate by PM to me or email to admin@ozstoc.com your Expression of Interest in purchasing another Jacket or your first Custom OzSTOC Jacket we will attend to your Order and Sizing after we complete this round of exchanges.

We have had nothing but praise for the quality and features of the Jacket.....naturally the sizing issue WILL NOT be a concern on future production  :like

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:10:57 AM by ST2UP »
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline blackduck

• NR2016 Group
  • WARNBRO - WA
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2015, 11:01:54 AM »
I didn't get on the original order and now wouldn't be sure what size to aim at.

My Dririder is a L and my brando leather Jacket is a 2XL.

Dont know how to work out sizing may have to wait when a re order is done, by the comments I could be a 5XL???

If the logic that the manufacturer has taken the measurement as outside - and god only knows why
then measure your chest and add about 50mm
of course if you have the standard aussie build (beer gut) then who knows as there were no waist measurements
Cheers
 STU

FOUR WHEELS MOVE THE BODY -
TWO WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL

2012 ST1300 (black)
2014 GL1800

Offline ppopeye

• RTE Coordinator
« Reply #836 on: January 24, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
Please don't tell me to settle, im not angry I'm merely expressing an opinion that an unfair solution was chosen which doesn't allow everyone an equal chance.

Have to agree somewhat. There was no rush as many people will have to wait for a considerable time as there are not many jackets 4XL or bigger
ppopeye

I never ride faster than my angel can fly!

2005 Red ST1300
2012 Red GL1800

Bikes I've had
Yamaha 500
Honda450
Honda CL175

Offline blackduck

• NR2016 Group
  • WARNBRO - WA
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2015, 11:21:04 AM »
Zen is bearing all the costs of the postage and sending the jacket around, also in replacing the jackets for people who don't get one in the swap over.

If you read ST2UP's post Mark is upfront in wearing the costs.

we offered to co-ordinate the jacket swapping around to help out. hence I took time off work, chris and jean have cancelled a trip away, we want to fix this as quickly and simply as we can

...none of which would need to happen if the manufacturer was being held to account, hence my previous question: Why is no being taken for an answer? No one is doubting (I think) that a lot is being done and sacrifices are being made by organisers of the jacket sale, but...why is it all necessary, especially when the party at fault has admitted liability?

It is possible that it is this point that is causing some confusion amongst some of the members.

Keep in mind that I am someone with zero stake in the outcome, but just a concerned bystander and member.

This is getting a tad out of hand
Shaun do you think for a minute that a manufacturer who probably makes clothing items in the millions and distributes to all corners of the globe under possibly hundreds of private labels really gives a toss about 81 jackets?
he cares about money, and seeing as hes got the money do you think he cares if ozstoc never order any more.
The jacket situation is like my life mantra "its a big shit sandwich and everyone has to take a bite"
the organisers are doing what they feel is right to remedy the situation
its their bat and ball therefore its their rules
Hopefully at the end of the day everyone who has a financial steak in this will be satisfied
Im one of those poor sods who has no option with regard to swapping or exchange
I want a jacket and probably wont see one till mid year
so take another bite of the sanga !!!!
I gather from your post you didn't order one
ENOUGH SAID
Cheers
 STU

TWO WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL

2012 ST1300 (black)
2014 GL1800

Offline Shaun

• Professor
  • Ride and Teach
« Reply #838 on: January 24, 2015, 11:27:10 AM »
Blackduck:
Thank you so much for your unemotional, well-considered response to my clearly unreasonable and emotive question.
I am completely reassured that, in the future, if I have a question that does not conform to the prevailing viewpoint of the membership, that I will be treated with respect and dignity.
- Shaun
:bl11 Blue 2001 ST1100 ABS Pan European (RIPieces) :(
New STeed: 2006 6th Gen VFR800Fi Sports Tourer

Offline blackduck

• NR2016 Group
  • WARNBRO - WA
« Reply #839 on: January 24, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »
Blackduck:
Thank you so much for your unemotional, well-considered response to my clearly unreasonable and emotive question.
I am completely reassured that, in the future, if I have a question that does not conform to the prevailing viewpoint of the membership, that I will be treated with respect and dignity.
- Shaun

Apologies shaun if you took offence to my post
no offence was intended
I was simply trying to state that this is a hard enough job for the organisers of this venture to begin with
and only those who initiated this have the ability to rectify it
at the end of the day someone will be out of pocket (ZEN) and there will probably be tears
for those of us with a financial steak in the venture the best thing will be to play by the rules and be patient
everyones opinion is valued

Cheers
 STU

TWO WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL

2012 ST1300 (black)
2014 GL1800

Offline spanner

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
« Reply #840 on: January 24, 2015, 03:18:02 PM »
Hi Sabie,

no offence meant when I said settle. 

I was trying to be a little light hearted and tryinv ot to get personal.

we all agree the situation sucks.

the manufacuter has said the ball is in our court and they will not play ball .... they dont have to follow Australian laws.

If you have a better way of dealing with this then PM the leadership team.

also feel free to vent your spleen but also allow others to vent back. 

I for one do not feel afraid to say that this situation sucks and it should never of happend but it did.

it is what it is.

again my apologies to you in particular if I said something through the medim of text that offended you.  That is one (of many problems) with an emotive issue such as this where the tone of a reply may not be taken in the way it was sent.

Bod language, voice intonation, eye contact etc are all lost and all we habe is the mind frame we are in when we read something.

so please understand I was not ever trying to upset you just putting my point , like you did, accross that i personally think they (the leadershop team) have an unenviable role and one that is costing themmpersonally in terms of time and money. 

So again I say thanyou jacket organisers for the effort you are going to to try and retify of shitty situation and to those who have missed out on this round of jackets ..... please nderstand that i feel really bad for you.

Yours in peace and riding

Dave. 

F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

Offline spanner

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
« Reply #841 on: January 24, 2015, 03:20:04 PM »
Oh and Sabie ...... I do agree with some of your points.

But again it is what it is. 

I dont know how to fix it and I am just glad someone else is having to do the fixing and its not me. 
F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #842 on: January 24, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
Before I would order one in the new order, I would like to try one on, which I hope to do at yhe National Rally and then  I would need to know is a new say 4XL going to be the same size as the current 4XL?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #843 on: January 24, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »
Before I would order one in the new order, I would like to try one on, which I hope to do at yhe National Rally and then  I would need to know is a new say 4XL going to be the same size as the current 4XL?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Fair call indeed Garry, Mark has assured us that he will be confirming, confirming and re confirming before he double checks the sizing.....particularly when he needs to offer the same guarantee as this round of Jackets.......but this time it comes out of his pocket......no one whats to see this again  :H

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:39:04 PM by ST2UP »
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline Abe

• 4D Gang Member
« Reply #844 on: January 24, 2015, 07:09:30 PM »

I'll place an order with the remakes the quality is good, but I'll test first  :rofl

Life has many different size potholes, but for some they get stuck in them.

However, the jacket in my opinion is only in a little pothole.

At my age " getting lucky" is remembering what I came in the room for ;)

:wht13      Cheers Dave
Member of the 4 D Gang

Offline spanner

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
« Reply #845 on: January 24, 2015, 09:22:21 PM »
Abe .... i agree with you in principle but what appears to one as a small pot hole can infact be that grand canyon that is impossible to get out of. It all depends on how many bits of straw you have been asked ..... or in some cases not asked ..... to carry and for some this jacket could well be that straw or pothole. 

We never know what is happening for someone else really and for some this is just a bridge too far. .

Oh in know ...... I am really pushing out the puns!  :fp.  But the sentiment is there.

F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #846 on: January 24, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »
Still got a few 3XL's in need of a home......if it interests the 2XL owners who are on the cusp ??

They come with a $10 Jenny Craig membership  o:)  :p
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #847 on: January 26, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »
**Jacket Update**

To date we have been able to place 45 Jackets with new owners  :runyay 11 of these members stayed with their original Jacket.

4 members have not yet recieved their Jackets as they are away from home at the moment (We have kept a XL and 3XL in reserve as they didnt have the oportunity to participate in the exchange process)

22 members so far have elected a Re-Order

2 members Store Credit from Zen

1 Member a Refund from Zen

We still have 5 members considering their options or have not been contactable......

We can now confirm from the feedback we have received from the vast majority of  the membership that this process of assisting members to initially find there own Jacket and have OzSTOC follow up by putting members in touch with each other was the best option under the not ideal circumstances.

We would have seriously wished to put every member who ordered and paid for a Jacket into a Jacket, but we could only play the hand we were delt. Just to reiterate, only 2 of the OzsTOC leadership team and Senior Moderation team where able to secure Jackets at this time from this round of Jackets.

The remaining Jackets will be advertized for sale to the wider and smaller  :p membership this week......

thanks for your cooperation everyone  :-++

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:19:35 PM by ST2UP »
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #848 on: January 26, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »
Well done every one concerned for a fairly smoothly run exchange programme, the good manners and patience of this group never ceases to amaze me.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline richo

• Richo
  • Legendary Member
  • ST 2009
« Reply #849 on: January 26, 2015, 09:35:11 PM »
I have to back everyone who helped sort out this mess.  As the saying goes when life (or this case overseas manufacturers) give you lemons you make lemonaide .    As one of the people who now have to wait for a jacket, the situation could have been a lot worse if everyone had ill fitting jackets.   RICHO.
Richo