Author Topic: Maintenance days  (Read 1527 times)

Offline AliSTair

Maintenance days
« on: October 15, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »
Hi,

reading about last year's Maintenance day at Greencan's I noted there was discussion of this type of event happening on a more regular basis. As a new owner of an old ST1100, with limited mechanical inclination, I would love the opportunity to meet up with ohers to learn about basic maintenance procedures for this bike. 

Does anyone know if a repeat of this event is still on the cards somewhere in Vic in the next 6 months?...I would offer to host, but dont have the skills, tools or knowledge to help anyone..though I would be happy to travel to participate if anone else was willing to host such an event.

Cheers

Al :bl11

atoyot

Re: Maintenance days
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 11:21:46 AM »
+1 to the idea of a maintenance day. I was discussing the possibility of this with St George up here in NSW, as it seems many of use do our own maintenance, and there are many more who want to do more as well. Maybe if there was enough interest in different areas, these could be scheduled as interest is shown? I'm happy to host one in Orange, but I only have a double grudge, and maybe too far away for many to come, particularly from Vic.

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 07:44:18 PM »
Orange would suit me and be a good ride from Sydney too, plus I'd learn something new I'm sure, as all I know so far is how to change the oil, and the plugs.
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

atoyot

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 12:36:25 PM »
I guess that if there is the interest, it might be worthwhile. Maybe we should start a thread based on the State, as interstate travel and maintenance days probably don't mix, particularly when we've got 1100 and 1300's and their different maintenance requirements.