OzSTOC Ride Reports, Pictures & Videos > RIDE REPORTS

Streaks Loop Saturday 24th September

(1/1)

Streak:
Evening Gents,
                        Had a blast today! Rode down to the Coast today for Barry and Marissa's wedding, did the loop from toowoomba to the gold coast and home via Mt Tambourine.

First stop was coffee at the BP Service Center at Yatala, to which we gathered the most OzSTOC Shirts in once place, present where:

Diesel, Skip, Orsm, Skip & Myself (Streak), Congratulations go to Orsm for his selection of the pretty young lady to take the photo for us, it was a very easy on the eye situation :)

Then it was off to Surfers Paradise for the wedding, it was such a nice day that every man and his dog was out so traffic was very slow, the 5 of us started out jackets, Gloves and all the gear, but it got warm! so red lights where people getting off bikes and taking off clothes to get back on! rather funny i must say.

Although i have to pick on Diesel, who took over 10 mins after parking to get changed out of riding pants and boots, into jeans and good shoes for the wedding, made the rest of us look bloody second rate!

The wedding itself was really nice, even the bride and groom turned up! and they where married by Faster Pastor who rides an ST himself! Very Cool!

Riding home was rather awesome over Mt Tamberine after i waved goodbye to the boys just before the M1 motorway, although a work to mr ASTRA driver on the mountain there are 2 lanes, yes 2 lanes, you only need 1, if it is ok with you, i would like to use one 2.....preferably the one on my side of the road....

started to rain at Allora, so it was a drink of water, a mars bar, and off home :)

all in all 440km round trip, and well worth it! looking forward to the ride report from all the WA boys!

Cheers

Streak

innet57:
Hi Streak,
I live on Tamborine Mountain. Believe it or not there are 5 separate ranges off this hill - some narrower and steeper than others. As you can imagine I really hate this fact about my home country and long for boring straight highways - Not! If you're interested one day we can work out a circuit that takes them all in on one ride.

PS. I love the narrow roads and tight turns, what really pisses me is the slow tourists. It's best to do a ride like I'm talking about on a Tuesday or Wednesday when there's less of them about - if you can manage that sort of timing.

Streak:
Sounds great mate, I am all up for that, I am sure we all would be!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version