Honda ST1100 Section > Plastic, Fairings, Panniers and Top Box's 1100

HELP ! Cleaning up / polishing plastic lighting bits.

(1/2) > >>

Flip:

Hi All,   :grin

Anyone has any good ideas or experience on how to clean up and polish the plastic of things like the front turn indicators and rear brake lens of the ST1100P ('98 model) ???
Mine are getting a bit on the old, dull, grubby and lost all the nice shine and clarity they started with.   :'(
In fact they are all looking very grubby and disgusting these days.   :-[

If possible, I'd much prefer to find a way to clean and polish them up to look almost new again - match the new paint job - WHITE OFF COURSE !   :-++ :-++ :-++

Thought of buying new OEM Honda parts to replace them with, but the prices - -  :eek   :||||   :cuss

Anyone got any ideas ???  :think1

Thanks in advance.  :grin

:wht11   
VA-ROOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !

ST2UP:
Amazing how well they will clean up by removing them......most old lenses have enough dust inside them to plant spuds, give the allusion they are faded.....bit of a wash inside them with soapy water MAY make a big difference.

:beer

Chris

Brock:
polish with brasso, or even toothpaste....

Flip:
THANKS GUYS !   :thumbsup

I'll get the front indicators off on Saturday and give them both a going over inside and out.  :grin
Get them back into the bike for Sunday's Ulysses Club ride.    :runyay
One day I'm probably going to have to replace them with new ones but hopefully not too soon.   :whistle

Solar hot water heater picked yesterday to start spraying water out of the tank and one of the collectors - another few thousand dollars gone !   :cuss :cuss :cuss

Strip any cracked or broken plastic off on Monday and get them over to the paint shop in Osbourne Park.

Tuesday, minor neck surgery but the doctors said at least two weeks off the bike. Where he's going to do the cutting is right where the helmet touches the back of my neck.   :'(

Works out OK really - the paint shop wants two weeks to check, weld, paint and polished all the plastic bits - killing two birds at the same time.

Thanks again for the ideas for cleaning and polishing those lens pieces.   :thumb

:wht11
VAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !

STeveo:
I use 'Kitten No2' cut and polish compound to restore dull and faded lenses, then No 1 polish to shine.

:bl11

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version