Honda ST1100 Section > Plastic, Fairings, Panniers and Top Box's 1100

Can you mount an ST1300 top box on a ST1100?

(1/2) > >>

Streak:
Question, is it possible to mount the ST1300 top box to the ST1100? Or is there a better, classier looking top box that has a better pillion cushion on it than the givi or bestem boxes?

Brock:
I would say yes it is possible. just some re-engineering may be required :grin :grin

alans1100:
That's why I mounted mine a little further back......It gave Heather more room.

I'm not sure but I thought the cushioning was there to prevent the pillions back from contacting the hard surface of the case in times of acceleration. Don't think it's supposed to be used as a full time back rest.......least that's what I was told when I picked mine from the bike shop all those years ago. As mine is an RJays version of yours that might only apply to mine. OEM might be different.

ST2UP:
Anything is possible......but the cost of a genuine box is sell an organ stuff, Jean likes the small pillion arm rests on ours, she recons they keep her in place when she is having a snooze..... :grin

Brian:
Hi all,
I'm sure you could affix the cushioning from a 13's top box to the givi case ... I believe John Meara adapted cushioning from an early model goldwing to his last two 13's for added comfort for Catherine.
Interesting someone said they werent for leaning on as a backrest as they are designed to do and then they have the add-on arm rests too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version