OzSTOC Ride Reports, Pictures & Videos > RIDE REPORTS

Diesel's SS1600 Iron Butt attempt...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Couch:
Good on ya Diesel!   What a great ride! And very well planned out..............time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted!

I really would have liked to have done that ride with you. You were lucky to have found a picnic table (bed) to stretch your 6'4''frame on ol' buddy!  I'm not into far rides in Tassie as there are very few straight roads to travel on, which makes the riding a little more strenuous with all the twists and turns. My longest ride in any day was 1157kls when I picked up my bike in Brisbane & headed back home to Tassie (860kls the following day). I did that ride without any preplanned stoppages etc.....just get up and go, headed in the right direction. I know I could ride much further without too much problem as I don't usually have a need to stop too often, provided I don't drink too much fluid that is, but not on Tassie roads thank you very much!

Anyway mate................congratulations and well done!!  :D

terrydj:
Mate well done. That first really big one is just as bad as the last really big one if you have a time limit to pace yourself by.
Just had the phone call and it looks like Sunday/Monday I'm off up to Saraji (Coal Mines). Only a quick 1000 kays up the road. That's kind inland a few hours out west and between Rockhampton and Mackay. So maybe missing till well after Christmas.

Diesel:
Thanks folks for all the well wishes. It was amongst the funnest 'hard work' I've done.

These STs are one hell of an endurance riding weapon! But y'all knew that.

Cheers, Diesel

PS Terry - That's not far from Young Galah is it?     8)

saaz:
Terry, we will have to call in and say hello!

As for distance riding the ST is always up for it, I have my doubts about the rider..The step up from 1000 to 1200kms a day to 1600 is bigger than it seems.

Tackleberry:
Diesel well done on completing the SS buddy.  Great feeling when you complete your plan.  Having Rob there would have been great also to help.  Now when you submit you're paperwork you just have to wait months to see how it goes, because they are a little behind. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version