Author Topic: ST1100 Oil Filter thread size  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Asterysk

• Steve
ST1100 Oil Filter thread size
« on: April 11, 2020, 12:24:35 AM »
Does anyone know the thread size for the ST1100 oil filter ?

I am trying to find a suitable oil cooler adaptor that will fit .

My plan is to fit a mini oil cooler under the radiator and try and improve engine cooling during the summer. I have just had to pull the head due to warping and don't want to have to do this again . What's interesting is that the Honda dealer pulled the the thermostats from both bikes when they were being used by the police and when I asked them they said the ST1100's have big cooling issues when idling in the summer, probably also explains why I've found so much silicon gasket sealant in the waterways !
ST1100AY (police) , Middle East

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: ST1100 Oil Filter thread size
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 11:52:47 AM »
I ride a police ST1100, and yes they get hot idling and in slow traffic. Taking out the thermostats wont fix the prooblem as it just means hot water passes through the radiator to fast to cool properly.

Check that the thermo fan is coming on when the temp climbs, some police bikes had a mod done, so that when the bike was parked with the strobes on, the anti theft switch  also turned on the fan to keep the engine cooler.

I dont think that anyone will know the thread size, as no-one will have thought about an oil cooler.

A quick google of the oil filter spec shows :-  13/16 - 16 UN-2B
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA