Author Topic: Indicator not working  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Chris66

• ST Legend
Indicator not working
« on: April 25, 2020, 09:30:28 AM »
Hi folks. I have an st1100pt. The other day my indicators just stopped working. No lights on dash either. I have sprayed contact cleaner into the switch, nothing. Fuse is fine.  I also swapped the relay from the indicators to the hazard lights circuit and everything works, suggesting the relay is fine. The hazard relay is not working though. Does the bike need both relays for the indicators to work?  Any other suggestions as to what to look for? Thanks

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Indicator not working
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 12:48:07 PM »
I take it that the Hazards lights are working, with either relay fitted??

The hazard relay doesnt affect the indicators, if its removed the indicators should still work.

Try taking out the hazard relay, ( the one under the back seat ) turn on the indicator and press the hazard switch. If nothing happens, then the indicator switch isnt funtioning ( probably )
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Chris66

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 09:23:18 PM »
I take it that the Hazards lights are working, with either relay fitted??

The hazard relay doesnt affect the indicators, if its removed the indicators should still work.

Try taking out the hazard relay, ( the one under the back seat ) turn on the indicator and press the hazard switch. If nothing happens, then the indicator switch isnt funtioning ( probably )
After digging into it a bit deeper it looks like the switch is cactus. I was hoping for something simple. Thanks for the help

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »
The switch may just need the contacts cleaned, and relubed with lithium grease. Jaycar carries contact cleaner and lithium grease.

The job is a little fiddly but not too bad, make sure you align the choke cable correctly on reassembly.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Calsonic

• Jericho Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 07:36:58 PM »
I have been having trouble with my indicator switch. The left turn is fine but the right turn takes several attempts to engage. I have pulled it apart and cleaned and lubed but the problem still persists. Where can I source new parts cheaply? If at all!

cheers

Cal
Honda ST1100A :bl11
Suzuki GT750
Yamaha XS250
Kawasaki Z400

Evert

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 12:39:38 PM »
I have the same issue,
it starts after a while approx 2 minutes.
seems fine during the day or i have riden for a while, but on first start or early mornings it is a bit of an problem.

I would also be interested in knowing where to get replacement parts.
E.