Author Topic: An Alternative to Pelican Cases  (Read 612 times)

Offline StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Blackwood, SA
An Alternative to Pelican Cases
« on: July 16, 2022, 07:58:15 AM »
We all know about "Pelican Cases", which are hard plastic, durable equipment cases, available in a wide variety of sizes for just about any application. We used them at work for camera cases.   They are, however, VERY expensive.    I just stumbled across "Seal Cases", which are a top quality alternative at a fracton of the cost, and readily available in Adelaide from Adelaide Merchandising at Marleston.  They sell a wide variety of sizes and styles.

See     https://admerch.com.au/product/seal-case-339x295x152mm-weatherproof-equipment-case-sealcase339/
and     https://admerch.com.au/product-category/plastics/weatherproof-protective-cases/

I bought one of these a couple of days ago to store and transport my rather delicate and expensive bow sights, and figure that one of the large cases might make a decent and inexpensive Top Box.
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

The following users thanked this post: Wild Rose, Lionel, Langers, Shillas, CallMeSteve, ruSTynutz

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: An Alternative to Pelican Cases
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »
They look great!  "Pick and pluck" interior sounds perfect for customising.  I would expect they would resist the tendency to keep "picking" and "plucking", which could be messy.
They've thought of everything.  I know the topbox on my V-Strom is quite hard to open up a mountain, with sea-level pressure opposing opening it- these boxes have a pressure relief device.
Great price too, and they appear to be as tough as the Pelican original.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

The following users thanked this post: Langers, Shillas

Offline Geoffreyst1

• ST Legend
Re: An Alternative to Pelican Cases
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 09:56:24 AM »