Honda ST1300 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1300

Switch panel

(1/1)

Biggles:
I've had my Starcom volume control in the RH pocket for ages waiting to put it somewhere.  It comes with a ty-wrap to go around handlebars, but that doesn't suit the ST's thick, non-cylindrical bars.  Besides, it looks tacky.

With the arrival of my light brackets and the anticipated arrival of grip warmers, I needed to mount a couple of switches as well.

Time to get creative.

I folded a piece of mild steel sheet and drilled it.  I took the back off the volume control box and screwed it to the panel with the same 4 screws, putting a smear of Silastic under the box to waterproof it.

I replaced the 20 mm bolts in the clutch mount with 30 mm ones so I could have 5mm spacers to set the panel clear of the handlebars.

Jaycar have nifty little toggle switches rated at 240v/2A which are more useful than the 12v/0.4A ones (only suitable for relays).  They're made even sweeter with the addition of dinky boots to weatherproof them.

Here's the set-up all ready for road testing.

:thumbs

Brock:
Looks good Biggles

Diesel:
Great stuff mate. Anything that eases the amount af attention you have to divert from the road is real good.      :thumb

Looks like you've had a bit of fun with your other, other half!

Cheers, Diesel

Biggles:

--- Quote from: Diesel on August 09, 2012, 09:46:12 PM ---Great stuff mate. Anything that eases the amount af attention you have to divert from the road is real good.      :thumb

Looks like you've had a bit of fun with your other, other half!

Cheers, Diesel

--- End quote ---

Please don't tell my other half about the other half!!   :crazy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version