Author Topic: Acknowledgement to other riders  (Read 9438 times)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Acknowledgement to other riders
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 08:45:37 PM »
I'll xplain the bemused look on the face of a helmeted rider for the benefit of Biggles:

When your dog comes up to you at 5pm ("walkies" time) and you are ensconced in your fave padded cane chair with a full home brew in your bucket-sized leather clad pewter mug - in other words you ain't goin nowhere for at least another half hour - he tilts his head at 25 degrees in confusion as to why you are not following normal procedure and makes a noise like scooby-doo "eeuuffff???" - that's what Tony posture looked like and I could see his face and hear that sound.  :o

Thanks St Gregory.  You had me convinced with that erudite explanation right up until you claimed you heard "eeuuffff???" as he rode towards you.    :-(((
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 09:45:39 PM »
I'll xplain the bemused look on the face of a helmeted rider for the benefit of Biggles:

When your dog comes up to you at 5pm ("walkies" time) and you are ensconced in your fave padded cane chair with a full home brew in your bucket-sized leather clad pewter mug - in other words you ain't goin nowhere for at least another half hour - he tilts his head at 25 degrees in confusion as to why you are not following normal procedure and makes a noise like scooby-doo "eeuuffff???" - that's what Tony posture looked like and I could see his face and hear that sound.  :o

Thanks St Gregory.  You had me convinced with that erudite explanation right up until you claimed you heard "eeuuffff???" as he rode towards you.    :-(((

Geez - Cant a bloke lift a cheek and take a fart  :eek :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »
Geez - Cant a bloke lift a cheek and take a fart  :eek :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

It's best to do so.  Otherwise it comes out of your ears into your helmet.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline ST.George

• ST.George and his ST1300 Red Dragon (Wyvern)
  • Legendary Member
  • DIY not DYI(Do Yourself In) "The Gong"Southern NSW
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 05:28:20 PM »

Geez - Cant a bloke lift a cheek and take a fart     
Tony, that explains those willy-willies on the Hay Plains.  :o :eek  :whistle  :p

PS: getting very close to that magic 100 posts where surely a 56 yo can ditch the "Junior" status. :CB--
:beer Cheers :beer Gregory
:rd13   Best Bred is Red   :rd13
"Spock - there's a black hole on the other side of Uranus".
"Illogical Captain".
I think I might be indecisive, I'm not sure, maybe - maybe not.
Yamaha TX500; Yamaha DT360; BMW 650 Boxer; 2003 ST1300 Red Dragon

Offline STeveo

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »
SHOCKED!!!   :eek
Got a nod from a rider of a Highly Dangerous today. What is the world coming too????

:bl11

Offline ST.George

• ST.George and his ST1300 Red Dragon (Wyvern)
  • Legendary Member
  • DIY not DYI(Do Yourself In) "The Gong"Southern NSW
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 06:28:55 PM »
SHOCKED!!!   :eek
Got a nod from a rider of a Highly Dangerous today. What is the world coming too????

:bl11
Yes STeveo "SHOCKED" for sure. Hugely Dateds are not Highly Decent in their Hand Deeds!

That's 99!
:beer Cheers :beer Gregory
:rd13   Best Bred is Red   :rd13
"Spock - there's a black hole on the other side of Uranus".
"Illogical Captain".
I think I might be indecisive, I'm not sure, maybe - maybe not.
Yamaha TX500; Yamaha DT360; BMW 650 Boxer; 2003 ST1300 Red Dragon

Offline RexJ

• Corinda, Qld
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
Gentlemen, is it Kosher to ridicule those less fortunate than us in the selection of motorbycycles?  :think1

We of the ST clan are impressive in our selection, :rockon  far more so than those who decide on Hardley Ridables obviously, but is it our place to ridicule the lucidiosity of their obvious flatulent and masochistic tendency? :-(((

After all, democracy dictates a man can make any kind of fool he wants to,  :butt  :|||| so long as his neighbour doesn't have to listen to him ride away. :) :crackup :rofl

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »
i always wave or nod, depending on what i am doing on the bike at the time, if i dont get a wave, ah well, Shiney and i played the wave/no wave game for two weeks to Middleton and back.....amazing the cheer through the headset when you got a wave  :crackup

I wave or nod to every motorcycle I see :hatwave and as Streak pointed out I take great pleasure in receiving a nod or wave back :clap :runyay
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline ktmgeoff

• Legend !!!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 09:24:43 PM »
As I ride road and ADV and dirt bikes I nod/wave to everyone, dirt bike riders seem stunned if they get a wave from a roadie, had plenty of waves from HD riders, even those that look like they eat kittens for breakfast.
A man has to know his limitations !
Blue ST1100 Year ???? Can't remember lol