Author Topic: Key Board Experts  (Read 7070 times)

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
Re: Key Board Experts
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »
All the points here have been well made and make sense...

But :think1 :think1 ...

I'd still like to see the speed limits increased to 110 on highways and tolerance set to 10%  :wink1
So what would be the speed limit on highways, 110km/h or 121km/h?   

At what point would some drivers / riders start concerntating on their speedo, rather than on the road and traffic, to ensure they don't go over the "limit"?   

Speed limit of 110 with an accepted 10% margin of error for policing.

But I believe most would fluctuate between 105 to 117.
I have found (on the highways in QLD) most people don't pay much attention to the speedo and try to sit on or just over 100 to 105, but as a result of not consistently checking speed will often go over a little (up to 107) or under a little (down to 95) thus the 10%.

But its just what I would like and probably wouldn't be practical :'(
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 05:03:21 PM »
So what would be the speed limit on highways, 110km/h or 121km/h?   

At what point would some drivers / riders start concerntating on their speedo, rather than on the road and traffic, to ensure they don't go over the "limit"?   
Well, thats going to happen regardless of the speed limit.

Offline Sean

• It's somewhat brighter after the dark!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »
I agree with JWM. Is this thread dead yet. Can't see that there is much more to say. Just an opinion mind you.
1995 ST1100P
2002 ST1100A
2004 ST1300A (Blue)

:wht11 :dred11 :blu13

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
I agree with JWM. Is this thread dead yet. Can't see that there is much more to say. Just an opinion mind you.

Fair call guys :-++
All the stuff that has been said is just what people would like or just their opinions (given without all the investigation that is made when deciding on the limits |-i)
and as Whizz said, when all is said and done, the speed limit is the law :law, if a person goes faster then the limit they are breaking the law and have to accept the consequences >:()

Still, it was interesting to read what people think :grin

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Online Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »
.... and tolerance threshold, because at some stage we are likely to be that 1 or 2km/h below or above the speed limit (now which one is that, the posted limited or the posted limit plus threshold?) and worrying what will / could happen if there were Police around, and then if we'll get caught.
So that's very true, and is one of the points I was trying to make. 

Regardless of the speed limit, the enforcement threshold and anything else, such as a nagging wife (sorry ladies) or husband (ditto), annoying kids, the driver needs to concentrate on the road, not the speedo and at least not use lame excuses for justifying exceeding the speed limit if caught.
John / Sean, not yet - I'm still having fun  :whistle

And if people are still posting / responding, it probably ain't dead.

Fair call guys :-++
All the stuff that has been said is just what people would like or just their opinions (given without all the investigation that is made when deciding on the limits |-i)
and as Whizz said, when all is said and done, the speed limit is the law :law, if a person goes faster then the limit they are breaking the law and have to accept the consequences >:()

Still, it was interesting to read what people think :grin

Cheers
Shiney
Perhaps some CPR to keep it going ...... let the members decide, if there's no more posts, there's no more posts.
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 07:39:23 PM »
The 10/15 Ks tolerance that used to be used, was because that was the threshold that the fine increased markedly, and point were incurred. In WA, under 15Ks over was a $75.00 fine, and no points. 16Ks was $200.00 and 2 or 3 points (it was a long time ago). The reason for on booking  under 15ks, was that it cost more in time and processing than the fine raised, and did nothing to stop speeding.

With computerised cameras able to take thousands of pics at virtually no cost, means that dropping the violation speed to 3 Ks means thousands of fines automatically issued, and millions of dollars collected and in a lot of cases no points, so no putting drivers off the road. Hence purely revenue collection.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA