Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

Tyre puncture repairs 101 using various kits....

(1/5) > >>

Diesel:
We are probably all going to have to repair a roadside puncture (or wait for roadside assistance to tow your ST away).

Below are some of the popular methods and kits used these days.

It is good to practice using these kits in the comfort of your garage on an old tyre - because you can bet that when you have to do it for real out there - it'll be raining, dark and blowing like a hatfull! So better to not have to learn for the first time then!

Tyre Plugger kits...
Stop N Go Pocket Tire Plugger Demonstration

Tyre Worms...
Fixing punctured motorcycle tire

Twist n Go plugs.....
Motorcycle tyre repair - How to plug a bike tire

Slime type puncture prevention system....
Install Motorcycle Tire Protection System from Ride-On • J&P Cycles

Mini 12v air compressor...
Slime Power Sport Tire Inflator Demo

Co2 compressed air cylinders (jump to 3.30min)...
Gryyp Cargol Turn and Go Tubeless Tire Repair Kit Installation Video - Micro Kit + Cargol Inflate

Auto balancing tyre beads......
DynaBeads demo video

This has been a ST Community Service from your friendly OzSTOC Team!

terrydj:
I use the worms and have for years. Always carry a Slime Compressor, and in it are the worms, fuzes and tyre guage, Under the seat in  the rear pod are the two tools that put the hole in and worm in.
A really good thing to have on the bike are long nose pliers so you can dig the nail/whatever out that caused the puncture. I've had worms in the tyre for 15000+ kays not a problem and bugger all air leaking out

winston66:
Can anyone advise where  in Western Australia, I might be able obtain the WORMS tyre plugger kit as featured in the second video.
 Cheers winston66

Whizz:
This is how it SHOULDN'T be done!!!

How to inflate a tyre with a can of WD-40

Cheers
Whizz
 :13Candy

Brock:
You should be able to pick up some in Repco, supercheap or your local 4x4 shop Winston. They are very popular with the off road croud.

Ordered and recieved one of these

http://www.tomcatdistribution.com.au/stop-and-go-tire-repair-kits?zenid=d75bb77990fb735ed991ed9afc3fc32c

simple to use (I hope), the worms can be hard to push in and are messy as they get their gooey sealant all over your hands.  Dont forget to get a small pump as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version