General Category > Spot/Spotwallah

Spot Gen3 and Spotwalla.com

(1/5) > >>

StinkyPete:
I have a question for the techno gurus.

I've been using Bubbler on my mobile phone, so those back home can monitor my journeys, but the downside it that it is of limited use away from mobile phone service.    If I purchase a Spot Gen 3 tracker, is it necessary to have a subscription to the service via findmespot.com, or can I use the free Spotwalla.com service?

ST2UP:
You need a find me spot account Pete.....but in addition you will also need the tracking via find me spot if you want to leave an automatic bread crumb trail. Basic access will give all other functions.

:beer

ST2UP:
You could save a few dollars buy grabbing a SPOT 2.....they still sell them on eBay.

Basic is about $165 USD p/a for basic access.....was about $100 when I started mine 4 yrs ago.

:beer

Biggles:
Spotwalla gets its info from findmespot.
There's good posts on FarRiders about setting it all up.  It's not really intuitive.

ST2UP:
Pete you could increase the range somewhat by installing a external antenna for your mobile....if your current or future phone has a external antenna patch lead port.....check out Telstra's Australian coverage maps to see the difference between handset and external antenna coverage.....you can get data bursts through in fringe areas were voice fails  :think1

cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version