Author Topic: Live Handlebar hmmm  (Read 1516 times)

Turtle

Live Handlebar hmmm
« on: February 02, 2013, 07:06:52 PM »
Ok so I did the handlebar clamp flip for some more reach great and I have left the cover off I noticed the other day I had no blinkers or brake lights so I look at the fuse yep it's blown so new one in all good then today I was fitting my UHF holder and new fuel filter in while putting the Allen key bolts in for the top of the tank the T handle of the Allen tool hit the handlebar and bugger me it earthed what the hell I put the multi meter on and I have 12v going along the handlebar this cant be normal
This is what's blowing my blinkers
Help help lol  :cuss

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Live Handlebar hmmm
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
It sounds like you have sandwiched  the indicator feed wire some how, I wouls check the lead to the right switch grip
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Turtle

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
Thanks Brock for the advice found the fault I think it was like it for awhile under the plastic cover and never had a chance the earth ........ Well took the left hand switch block apart with the multi meter hooked up to the handlebar and to an earth I have 12v and while I was unscrewing the front screw well well volts gone so on opening it up I found the fault the wire for headlight power had come away the solder was not soldered anymore bugger and was touching the handlebar when the switch block was together so new solder job done and all good again  :thumb me thinks age is catching up on my ST

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:56 PM »
but th we have the knowledge to fix it... :thumb :thumb
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239