Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 Tools and Handy Gadgets

Jaws of life for a filter removal

<< < (2/4) > >>

STeveo:
I use big multi grip to slip between the lower fairing and pipes to loosen the filter. I don't replace the washer unless it needs to be replaced because of damage.

:bl11

terrydj:
I just belt a screwdriver straight through the side of it. Then give it a turn :thumbsup

BigTed:

--- Quote from: terrydj on September 03, 2012, 07:51:28 AM ---I just belt a screwdriver straight through the side of it. Then give it a turn :thumbsup

--- End quote ---
That was my last resort if Malz didn't have what I wanted. I was really concerned that whatever I used to get it off, I'd leave part of it behind still attached to the engine block.

It did make me wonder though.... what is the standard filter that comes with the bike as new? I know Ma Honda uses rediculous torque to assemble in the factory.  Please don't tell me it's HiFlo - otherwise I'll starting thinking the original filter has never been changed. :eek

Now I've got a K&N with an easy-to-remove nut welded on the front.  :)

terrydj:
Its always my first resort :thumbsup

saaz:
I use a cheap metal strap filter tool from supercheap (use it on the cars as well) It is a metal band with a simple screw on it to loosen/tighten. A screwdriver through it has the advantage of draining the oil out though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version