Author Topic: Where do YOU see OzSTOC in the future.  (Read 43614 times)

Offline grantie

• because Honda's have wings
Re: Where do YOU see OzSTOC in the future.
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »
Only being reasonably new to this club, I can only give my thoughts as a newbie.

It would be my preference like others to keep this club specifically for the ST which is what makes this special.  It's an amazing bike and those that ride them are great people.

I completely understand the thought process to allow other Sports Tourers to join and the value (financial) that it may bring, but I believe this is going away from why this was initially set up.

There would be nothing wrong in having set days for other Sport Tourer models to join in on rides or functions but the club itself should remain loyal to the ST and the reasons it was formed.

For all those unsung people behind the scenes who makes all this happen...Thank you.

:13Candy

I 2nd that opinion. well said Les
Grant  :dred11

Offline gerd

• Brisbane (Springwood)
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »
Keep as is. Although I am not always involved with work & family etc I love how it is focused on the ST.

gerd :dred11
gerd gabriel
2000 ST1100A

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »
I can't see a good enough reason to change from where we are.
We all came into this because it was bike specific, and can only reiterate that which Couch stated:
"I cannot see any reason to change, we don't have any shortage of members, and even if our numbers were to dwindle somewhat I don't see that as being any reason to bring other makes of bikes into the fold."
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline STraya

• STraya. Life’s too short for traffic”
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »
Firstly, thanks for the opportunity to have this debate and for listening to members opinions.  At first, when I looked at the three poll options, I was tempted to vote for opening up membership to Sports Tourers of all breeds as a way of protecting our future.    However, after a bit of thought I voted to keep OzSTOC just as it is.   
My rationale  is that what have now really works well IMHO.  BY contrast, other forums seem to far less inviting and supportive.  Although I'm not an avid poster, I am a keen and regular reader, and I believe we have a unique community that is strengthened by the focus on ST.  I love the fact that riders of other makes and models are always welcomed too - when I brought along my FJR and Kwaka riding mates to an RTE they were welcomed equally. These values are ingrained in OZSTOC and as long as we don't lose sight of these, I believe we have a long future. Yes, like us, our bikes will not get any younger and we may need to look beyond ST's when the time eventually comes - but knowing that we can still be an OzSTOC member without discrimination will guarantee continued interest in the club.
I should take time to acknowledge and thank all those dedicated, hard-working, passionate people who have guided this forum in the past, and have established and maintained the culture of OZSTOC .  Great job! THANKS.  :thumbs

Looking forward to National Rally in Toowoomba and seeing many of you there. (Proudly wearing my new jacket, hopefully it will arrive on Monday)
Regards, Dave  (STrider20)
STraya  (Dave)   FarRider 515.    Ulysses 28892
And it’s something quite peculiar; something shimmering and white!”

Offline Shaun

• Professor
  • Ride and Teach
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »
My VFR is a Honda Sports Touring (ST) Motorcycle. That it how it was and still is marketed and documented.

The ST1100 and 1300 are more touring than sports, and the VFR is more sports than touring, but all three are sports tourers.

Seems to fit the bill to me.
:bl11 Blue 2001 ST1100 ABS Pan European (RIPieces) :(
New STeed: 2006 6th Gen VFR800Fi Sports Tourer

Offline Farkleit

• IBA # 62002 FarRiders # 749
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2015, 10:23:37 PM »
It's great to RTE every now and then, I find most ppl follow Facebook more than the forums because it's easier.
ST. suits my current bike FJR more sports than tourer if compared to the Honda but so similar it's not funny.

Anyway as you know some of us are members that dont own an ST Honda but still enjoy the company of those that do and the RTE events so if the club as it is doesn't change the mantra I see no reason for the way people turn up,to events and the social aspect won't change.

It's the same way that a lot of the ST members are also FarRiders members yet still participate in the FarRidersvsite and this one as well. and I guess others sites and forums yet keep the Honda flag high here.

Whatever the governing body decides the members will have to agree as the ppl running the club are the elected ones to make the big calls, good luck guys!
Ride it like ya Stole it.

If you need a new MC Cruise or repairs to MC Cruise message me and we'll sort it out for you.

Offline octane

• Mildura - Victoria
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2015, 09:25:44 AM »
If you wanted to meet new friends in a club that is passionate about bikes and riding, then the Ulysses Club would suit just as well as OzSTOC.

I joined OzSTOC because it was bike related and focused on a particular model that I enjoy riding. Going to a RTE is great not because you meet new, or old friends but that you can also discuss the passion you both have in relation to the bike you have both chosen.

OzSTOC is about the Honda ST Sport/Tourers and it should be kept that way.

If members move on to other bikes, that is OK but the essence of this club should continue to be focussed on ST's and that will be our strength that will keep people interested. :blu13

besides... I just got my NEW jacket and I want to be unique (with all the other OzSTOC riders) when I wear it.

Offline octane

• Mildura - Victoria
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2015, 09:30:52 AM »
Maybe NOW is the time to have a re-vote on our future and see if people that have now given it a bit more thought may want to change the vote. :think1

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2015, 11:15:39 AM »
I think the proof is already in the pudding!! :grin

Maybe NOW is the time to have a re-vote on our future and see if people that have now given it a bit more thought may want to change the vote. :think1

There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline tj189

• Brisbane
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2015, 12:26:17 PM »
Whatever the governing body decides the members will have to agree as the ppl running the club are the elected ones to make the big calls, good luck guys!

Not quiet,  the "governing body" are not elected, they are just sucked into a difficult job and they are going great  :-++ as did Streak and Diesel :-++
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »

Not quiet,  the "governing body" are not elected, they are just sucked into a difficult job and they are going great  :-++ as did Streak and Diesel :-++

Thanks TJ  ;-*

The respectful feedback we are gleaming from all the members is sensational  :clap
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Offline Gatey

• ST Legend
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2015, 02:04:25 PM »
So when does this pole close Chris?

Persevere...My Dad did.
FarRider #269..IBA#54983
One of the Barraba Crew

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2015, 04:16:10 PM »

Gatey we will allow it to run to the end of the Month just to be sure we have given everyone the opportunity to participate....If we hear any rumblings of people wishing to change their vote we may enable the "change your Vote Option"

The process has been an invaluable tool for us to listen to the direction that members would like to see the club take  :like
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline Brookester

• Brookester
  • ST Legend
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2015, 04:48:25 PM »
As non ST owner but part-time rider and admirer of the bike I would like to see it stay the way it is. It has the uniqueness referred to by so many and also there are more than enough for all the other breeds.

The especially good point of this group is the great friendship and friendly manner of all involved that is seriously lacking in other groups where politics and self opinions have taken over and ruined them. This group has stood the test of time, and machine, and will continue to do so IMHO.

Looking forward to Toowoomba, all be it this time not on an ST like Ballarat and the odd IBA ride that I availed myself of one.

Great idea for seeking members views, keep up the good work Ladies, Gentlemen and ST2UP  :rofl  |-i
One day you will wake up and there won't be anymore time to do the things you've always wanted so do them NOW!!!
Remember there are 7 days in a week and Someday isn't one of them!

Offline Gatey

• ST Legend
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2015, 07:29:44 PM »
Thanks for your reply Chris.

I had noted early on some members had voted then read a solid argument of the opposite and expressed that desire.

Pity we cant use that option a month or two after we vote in a new batch of our local trough dwellers and free-loaders in council :|||| 
Persevere...My Dad did.
FarRider #269..IBA#54983
One of the Barraba Crew

Offline STill dreaming

• ST Legend
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2015, 07:57:09 PM »
I am torn on this one , i can see the club lasting as is for the foreseeable future ,( I am a member of GPZZONE ,GPZ900r owners club,which has remained true to the one bike for over 25 years ,membership goes up and down ,so it can work )But on the other hand i can see a growing club will benefit from more inclusion and not every one want's to run a bike out to its wear limits .I know this is fence sitting .i have enjoyed the club despite not owning an ST .Any way this is my two bob's worth .cheers Noel
No longer dreaming. Past bikes,XR80 1979,DT175 1980,XT250 G 1980(X2), XT 250T, GPZ900r (x2), H100, TT350, TTR250.  current bikes Honda Varadero 1999, GPZ 900r 1986, XT 250T 1987, and newest and best , 2006 ST1300.

Offline tj189

• Brisbane
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2015, 07:09:13 AM »

Gatey we will allow it to run to the end of the Month just to be sure we have given everyone the opportunity to participate....If we hear any rumblings of people wishing to change their vote we may enable the "change your Vote Option"

The process has been an invaluable tool for us to listen to the direction that members would like to see the club take  :like

If I may suggest...invoke the change button ....this should be interesting :grin
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2015, 07:24:50 AM »
Poll has been Modified so you may change your vote if you wish & Poll can now be seen by members even if not voting.....But we would appreciate your vote if you haven't done so  :like

:beer
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline Jochen50

• Jochen50 (John)
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »
G'day folks,

I did send an email on Friday morning about 9am or so but on checking the forum on this topic...alas NO comment by me.  Probably lost in cyberspace (email that is not me).

I think the club should stay as is...just about everything you ever wanted to know is found within the Club. Dedicated Club members with a common base line interest of all things ST, then there is the social aspect which need no embellishment!  Great bunch of people again with a common interest in touring and the ST's.

I've been down that road in another club where the membership was opened up for all and sundry and the club turned really sour.  Lots of back-stabbing, little cliques with some particular bike owners and virtually NO togetherness on social occasions, us and them in the end.  Not to mention the new people wanting constitution's changed to suit their own agenda. I cancelled my membership and have zip to do with that club.

I personally do NOT want to see the OzSTOC go down that track. 

Jochen50

Ulysses 4076 and OzSTOC

Offline octane

• Mildura - Victoria
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2015, 08:48:21 AM »
Poll has been Modified so you may change your vote if you wish & Poll can now be seen by members even if not voting.....But we would appreciate your vote if you haven't done so  :like

:beer
Great move as it appears that once people have starting hearing the arguments 'for and against' they are making a more informed decision on what to vote for.
I originally voted for opening up the club to more sports/tourers and that is now, in my opinion, the wrong move. Keep OzSTOC as is... :thumbs

Offline Wild Rose

• Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2015, 09:30:19 AM »
Thanks ST2UP
I changed my vote to leave it as it is as we already have many other types of bike riders on the forum already

I was working with a ride mate that rides a FJR1300 (who already has done many rides with OzSTOC)  yesterday and I told him about our discussion on the forum and he said he thought it was a good idea

So 2 thoughts from me but I would agree either way the club decides as I think we have a fantastic club and forum  :like
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

Offline BusinessBiker

• Life is good on my ST1100
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2015, 09:32:13 AM »
 :blk11

I'd have no problems with Goldwings. They are oversize STs in many ways. I love the passion that's gone into the responses on this important topic.

Cheers
Roger
Social and digital media management to the motorcycle community. Much loved Black ST1100 1996

Offline Barry and Marissa

• ST Legend
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2015, 01:57:45 PM »
Glad we were able to change our votes. I was one of those that initially voted I had no opinion either way, but I much prefer that it be left as is.   
Barry and Marissa :) :)

Barry 2012 VFR800 Red.
Marissa 2011 VFR800 Red.

Offline Barry and Marissa

• ST Legend
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2015, 01:59:40 PM »
BTW, Marissa agrees we me on this one, so that should be two votes to leave it as is   8) 8)
Barry and Marissa :) :)

Barry 2012 VFR800 Red.
Marissa 2011 VFR800 Red.

Offline hopey

• ST Legend
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2015, 03:42:31 PM »
I have owned three BMW's and no Hondas to this point but am very keen to get an ST and am sure I will. I joined this club for information and help and have found it to be great for that and I sense a feeling of warmth and welcome from the members. So my vote is to  keep it the way it is.
Hopey.