Honda ST1100 Section > Oils, Oil Filters & Servicing ST1100

coolant changing

(1/3) > >>

creeture3:
G'day thrillseekers, just finished changing the coolant in the ST. Bl**dy hell, what a performance!! No wonder Honda shops charge a fortune to do it!!

After taking off the bodywork, it was found that one needed 400mm long rubber fingers :o As it was, I only drained the right hand head, as I could get the drain bolt undone on the left one, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I was going to put it back in without removing all the zorst!!

I did loosen off the right hand zorst though, which did help.

Anyway, drained the radiator, r h head and put some clean water through. The stuff the came out was pretty clean, it had only done 56K, but I think it was 16 years old, as it was green, and Honda have a blue premix to change to.

One thing puzzles me: I have two screws left over. They look like the screws that go in to the service panels, and I can't figure out where the f*^k they go. I have checked and double checked, but can't find where I missed. They are obviously "trim" screws.

Bugger................. :||||

Keep the rubber side down  8)

StinkyPete:
Pop up a picture of the screws (with a scale) and I'm sure the OzSTOC collective wisdom will go to work.   :thumb

creeture3:
Not sure how to put a pic on here (Technically challenged)

Shiney:

--- Quote from: creeture3 on February 09, 2017, 07:23:07 PM ---Not sure how to put a pic on here (Technically challenged)

--- End quote ---

Have a look at the thread in the link below for how to post pics on the forum  :thumbsup

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=4583.0

(There is even a video :grin)

alans1100:
The amount of coolant left in the motor after draining wouldn't amount to much and I wouldn't go that far to remove a little bit.

I was concerned about this when doing the timing belt and replacing coolant hoses so I put the question out others in another Forum and the answer was not to worry about it. Though I did back flush the motor and radiator before putting it all back together so any old coolant would have been gone anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version