Author Topic: Bloody edge of no where  (Read 1710 times)

terrydj

Bloody edge of no where
« on: November 17, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
Havn't got on the forum, as out here on the edge of the world the internet is at best a sometimes deal, Every second weekend I now ride into MaKay (around 3 hours) and trust me when I say its pretty kool when you wave at a Candy car and the driver waves back when your doing 130 in a 100????? :13Candy Been a touch hot, maybe a couple of days a week at the 40 mark, but that's nothing compared to what it will get in a month or two.
Just read a few of the posts and its good to see that the forum is gaining strength, and the membership is growing. Be home maybe for Christmas, but who knows. A few bikes in the camp where I am at, but no where what you'd expect. But a whole lot of big money cars of all kinds and shapes. Huh, maybe that's because most mine workers Tax is is at times twice what most normal people bring home each week.
Any way just thought I would have a post as every time in the past month or so when I have tried to log on the old internet just cant get its act together, and for the geek experts, I am with Telstra as we have a repeater on site and I do have the ultra tech WiFi connection :nahnah
So ride your your bike with a smile on your face, may the wind always be at your back, and that cute blonde you just picked up doesn't have Herpes or was once a bloke. Ahhhh but if your a miner, the last part really isn't that important

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
Re: Bloody edge of no where
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
Great post Terry - I've heard that the Tea Lady looks better and better each day!!!!

Wonder what new farkles you're gunna buy now that you're aaaaahhhhh a squillionaire!

I'ts worth the extra 80 clicks to ride out to Eungella and have a beer there or a dip in the pool at the pub! Trust me!

Keep an eye on the site as there's bound to be a Chrissy Run to some pub somewhere!      >:()        :headbang

Take care.

Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

terrydj

Re: Bloody edge of no where
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 06:41:21 AM »
Mate no matter where I have been in my travels, fine ladies look great no matter what the occupation??????? as to the farkles on the bike, well what I have works, what I have does everything I need, and most excellently, so why screw with perfection. When you get out West away from the Queensland Coast a few hundred kays, it kinda adds to why Australia is the best place to live in the world, just bloody amazing, everywhere you look. Been to a place once that had a sign that said it was the "Black stump" and stopped off at a pub years ago and asked them where the outback was and they said it was "Outback" ?????? So all I know is instead of talking about it and posting about it, just head up the Bruce highway, turn left for a tankful and open your eyes.
Oh yeah and stop looking at the Odometer for how far you been their are better things too look at. Hmmm like that spunky chick that does the dishes in the camp mess.
And if I'm home for Chrissy, me thinks a ride would be good