Honda ST1100 Section > Fuel & Fuel Additives ST1100

Fuel

(1/7) > >>

dazzadot:
What fuel should I be using on my st1100 p? I've been using 91. I notice the bike runs a little hotter in the city, but not in the red. Would the fuel have anything to do with that?

Bikebear:
Stick with 91, I've found on the 1100 up here more expensive fuel is a waste of money. You will find the temp will go up to about 2/3 to 3/4 in heavy traffic on hot days but the fan will cut in and it'll even out. Once you get into some clear air the temp will go back down again.

dazzadot:
Thanks Craig. Hard getting use to having a radiator on a bike. All my years, I've never had a bike with one.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: dazzadot on December 07, 2013, 07:33:28 PM ---What fuel should I be using on my st1100 p? I've been using 91. I notice the bike runs a little hotter in the city, but not in the red. Would the fuel have anything to do with that?

--- End quote ---

Stay with the 91 the engine is designed to run on it.

Warmer temps in summer will cause the gauge to read a little higher which is quite normal providing it stays in the normal range. If you're stopped at the lights the fan should come on when the gauge is about half way.

Brock:
I ran higher octane when I first got the bike,  and then tried 91. As I run a spread sheet that records fuel usage, cost, range, Ks/$, it was easy to see that the only difference was cost per K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version