Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 8769 times)

Offline IanB

• Trundler
Re: Insurance
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
This makes interesting reading

Suncorp is the parent company of insurance company GIO. GIO is mainly used as a general insurance company representing Suncorp outside Queensland, offering similar products to the Suncorp branded insurance product in Queensland.

Suncorp also owns the AAMI, Apia, Just Car Insurance, Shannons, InsureMyRide, Vero, Terri Scheer, Bingle, CIL, Asteron and Tyndall insurance brands in Australia, and Vero, Asteron, Guardian Trust, Tyndall, Vero Marine, Vero Liability, AA Insurance, SIS, CMV/AXIOM, Mariner, Comprehensive Travel Insurance and Autosure brands in New Zealand. These assets were acquired with the Promina Group in 2007.

Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »
pault was impressed by GIO but when I rang them they said they don't insure in Queensland.  The phone guy almost sounded alarmed at the prospect.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline IanB

• Trundler
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
Just checked my policy
Insure my ride   --- $263 for 15,500 on 2006 ST 1300
That's without riding gear covered and an added bonus of having done an approved rider training course.
Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity.

Online Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 12:31:49 PM »
I'm also with Swann...I was pretty amazed at what was covered actually...

Offline Mitch

• Legendary Member
  • Mitch
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »
  Just got my check from Shannons  :hatwave
           This was for the screen the Turkey committed suicide with on the way home from Blackheath.  :fp
  They paid for the CalSci screen and freight ( I got a shorty tinted screen as well, which I paid for. ) on the free 1 replacement screen a year part of the policy.  :thumb   Can't complain about the service, as soon as I sent the receipt they sent the check.  :grin
                                         :blk13
2016 KTM1290 Super Adventure
2018 HONDA NC750X