Author Topic: New RAM Mount added to dash  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Bikebear

• Legendary Member
  • Livin' it up in FNQ..
New RAM Mount added to dash
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:39:51 PM »
I bought myself a new phone so I decided to get a RAM mount for the dash to mount it. Got the RAM PD3U mount which clamps the phone top and bottom and has pins to stop sideways movement. I'm very happy with it.

Mount on dash without phone or GPS

Mount with phone in place and GPS

The phone is a SONY Xperia Z 4G, water and dust resistant so it suits me fine.
Craig..
STOC #8215
UC #42145
SCA#2478

Gold '99 ST1100A (Golden Brown), Black '04 VT750, Red '15 1800 Valkyrie (Hildr), Black '08 DN01

"Golden Brown finer temptress, Never a frown with Golden Brown"

Offline Mystic2

• ST Legend
Re: New RAM Mount added to dash
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »
Hey Bikebear , just checked out the photos you posted ,nice work , one question why the Voltmeter ? :think1
 :13Candy
Mystic2

Offline Bikebear

• Legendary Member
  • Livin' it up in FNQ..
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »
I had it lying around in the shed after I removed it from a boat I had so I thought I'd put it to use. I did a ride last year and unbeknownst to me the battery was on the way out, it finally failed at Kingaroy and I was luck to get a battery that fitted. I guess its there so I can keep an eye on the charging system and to check the battery volts are up. Probably not really necessary but it fills a spot on the dash.. :wink1 :grin

Just had another look at the photos.. damn, you can see the clutter in my carport and my poor old Suzuki Freewind quietly mouldering away in the background.. I really should get it running again so I can do some dirt road riding.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:47:31 PM by Bikebear »
Craig..
STOC #8215
UC #42145
SCA#2478

Gold '99 ST1100A (Golden Brown), Black '04 VT750, Red '15 1800 Valkyrie (Hildr), Black '08 DN01

"Golden Brown finer temptress, Never a frown with Golden Brown"

Offline Mystic2

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 07:44:23 AM »
Hey Bikebear , that's interesting  :think1 , on the way to Caldwell on the weekend I topped up at Ingham and on starting the odometer & clock reset the motor was slow starting  :well, but well least I got back home , chasing a new battery now , being a sparky I have Voltmeter sitting there , I was thinking of doing the same  ! Don't worry about what's in the back ground , it's a Man cave or shed remember ! Have a safe ride on Friday & I will keep a eye out for you on the way through . :rockon
 :13Candy
Mystic2

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:55:21 AM »
Nice one BB. Sony X is a wicked phone too.     :thumbs

Cheers, Diesel

PS - clean that bloody mess up man!     :crackup