Author Topic: Aus postal service...?  (Read 1209 times)

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
Aus postal service...?
« on: November 19, 2015, 09:38:01 PM »
Email pasted below from a friend of mine in Port Macquarie

Hiya Kev

Australia Post complain that freight companies like TNT, Fastway, etc are doing them out of business.
One example of the Aussie post.

I purchased a s/hand set of Dainese Leathers, in fantastic condition, from a chap in a little place called Umina Beach.
Now it would only take me 3.5 to 4 hours, or 335 km to ride or drive, but it is a busy time of the year so I agreed to let him POST IT.

Tuesday it left Umina, instead of coming north, it went south to Sydney and arrived at Chullora. It was PROCESSED (?) Tuesday.
I made customer inquiries, but the box sat there Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday until someone woke up to PROCESS it again, then it was sent straight north, Yeah!!!, RIIIIGHT!.. straight past Port Macquarie to Kempsey Depot. About 50 km north of Port Mac , and then Monday it was sent to Port Macquarie. Delivered late afternoon ... So it travelled nearly 560 km over 7 days.

Fastways freight would have been delivered that day or next day.

Guaranteed.

Never again, AusPost..... Pete

0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
Re: Aus postal service...?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
Grrrr don't get me started on Aust Post  :||||

We only get Parcel delivery Mon/Wends/Fri from their depot 40k's away in Armidale although we have a Post Office here in town they don't do parcels.....regardless if it's Express or Priority paid. You can drive to Armidale and collect it but only up to 1pm.

But it gets worse.....if your not at home to receive the parcel they take it back to Armidale and bring it back 2 days later......a couple of weeks ago it took 9 days and 3 attempts to deliver a Priority paid parcel from Sydney.

A recent order of tyres that I followed via Track and Trace from Toowoomba 300k's North were dispatched and transported to Brisbane, then back up along the New England Hwy straight past my front door to Sydney by truck, then flown to Tamworth, road to Armidale than I had to drive to Armidale to collect them.

From dispatch to collection (not delivery) was 8 days from 300k's up the road  :||||
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:30:02 PM »
I know the feeling well... I mailed a USB stick in a standard envelope to a friend of mine, Posted Friday morning 9am, 6th Nov.
He received it Monday afternoon 16th Nov.
10 and a half days.

Fair enough, it was a long  way (NOT!)

Portland to Sandford, 91 Km, door to door. I ride to his home regularly in under an hour!

He mailed it back to me on Tuesday morning 17th, it arrived yesterday afternoon. (By the way, he is a postie himself! ... and was really peed off at the time it took to get there.)
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Offline AliSTair

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »
compare that to TNT...I ordered a custom hammock online from Indonesia on a Friday around lunchtime, was hand delivered to my door the next day around 11am...unbelieveable!