Author Topic: Ram Ball Reservoir Mount  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Ram Ball Reservoir Mount
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
Guys,
I just bought a Ram Ball Reservoir Mount (P/N RAM-B-346U) and it comes with a bunch of holes to fit a number of different reservoirs. As everyone is aware the reservoir on the ST1300 has only two screws, but in the fitting instructions for the Ram Ball it says to "Place all nylon spacers on top of stock reservoir cover over existing inset screw holes". Now there are 4 spacers in the bag of bits, but only two screw holes, and neither of these is in the corners of the reservoir cover, so the spacers would not be serving any purpose to my way of thinking. They will not have screws through them to hold them in place, and the two screws that do exist will not have a spacer, so the reservoir cover will distort as soon as I start to do it up. Can anyone tell me if they have fitted this type of reservoir cover to their STead, and if so did they use the spacers and in what configuration? Or is it OK, to leave out the spacers all together and simply fit the Ram Ball Mount directly onto the top of the reservoir cover?

Sorry to sound dumb, but I've told you all before, I'm an Electronics Engineer and mechanical stuff is like black magic as far as I'm concerned!

Cheers
Whizz
 :13Candy
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
Re: Ram Ball Reservoir Mount
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 10:57:25 AM »
If the link is anything to go by I would say that you would only need two spacers where the original bolts go. Most covers use four bolts, so four spacers, ours use two, so use two of the spacers..

http://www.ram-mount.com/Portals/0/Skins/NationalProducts/images/ramb346iu1.jpg
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1