Author Topic: Big is best!  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Down Under

Big is best!
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:07:02 AM »

I spent the weekend down the south coast and road tested 2 of my latest bits of camping kit.

After putting up with my scabby 2 man dome tent I decided it was time to up size.....getting too old to be crawling around on my hands and knees!  I bought an Oztrail 4 man dome.  It's great being able to stand up to get dressed and have plenty of room to spread your stuff around.  Only takes about 10 mins to put up and folds away to a neat roll about 60 cms X 20 cms and weighs about 4 kg.

The second bit of gear is the Colemans inflatable mattress which I'm giving the thumbs up.  Very comfortable.....I rate it better than the camp stretchers we use for car camping.  The portable battery operated air pump worked a treat as well. 

Cheers,

Tony

terrydj

Re: Big is best!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
 :thumbsup Spot on. Got rid of my small tent a million years ago and got me a 4 man, and don't listen to the experts that travel light and put up with what they have to put up with. I can vouch for the coleman air bed as I got one, and its always the first thing out so when I set up camp its getting inflated while I pitch me tent

Offline Dan

• QLD
Re: Big is best!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
I had a 3-man tent in the UK which was really only a 2-man and I agree, it's just too small.  I would get something like that next time, being able to stand up would be great!

I'm a fan of the inflatable beds too, they are great and pretty comfy.