Author Topic: Front indicator bulbs  (Read 2490 times)

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
Front indicator bulbs
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »
Howdy ST13 riders!  A question about the front indicator bulbs.  Lionel's bike has the left indicators flashing too fast, but the hazards work ok. I suspect the wrong bulb has been put in. He bought one from the dealers but the base is way too small to fit.  For some reason the right bulb does not want to go into the left side but looks to be the same base.  And the left side wiring to the indicator has an extra plug compared to the left side (probabaly running lights or something) that is not used, so I think it has been replaced at some stage. The fische show both variations of wiring across the years, but all use the same bulb, which on the fische looks to be the smaller base.  Any ideas?
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Online Lionel

• Legendary Member
Re: Front indicator bulbs
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »
These are the bulbs in question. The larger bulb is the type currently in both indicators. The smaller bulb is the one supplied today by Canberra Motorcycle Centre.

The left hand side indicator has an additional green wire that doesn’t go anywhere?

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:31 PM »
Looks to me like the indicator housing has been replaced with a US model(The bullet connector is a give away as well.. Over there, they have a running light in the housing. Does the big globe have 3 connections or two.  Does the right indicator have the small or big globe.

You may have to order some globes from the US, does it have a part number that you can read.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:46:55 AM »
Looks as if it has had a rewire for something.  Have you taken the black wrapping off the wire and checked to see if it has been wired to the green wire on the base of the bulb connector as I thought the green wire on the connector was the earth (on both indicators) and the light blue was the positive on the right and orange on the left, maybe the extra wire is an earth for something that had been previously added?

Not sure what the little bulb is for but the big one looks like the one that should be in there as it is the same as mine
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline Brian

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »
Hi all,
When I had my ST1300 I bought clear lenses if ebay and bought chrome bulbs that flash amber from a place in Melbourne , yeah I know I get around....the bulbs are the larger of the two in your piccie.
I still have the clear lenses and they do look the goods on the 08 charcoal grey if anyones interested send me a PM......Cheers Brian
I jus wanna ride my bike

09 ST1300 Charcoal Metallic (Grey GhoST)
09 ST1300 Candy Glory Red (Red MiST)