Author Topic: These look interesting  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Totgas

• Legendary Member
  • Everything is improved with "Flashing lights"
These look interesting
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
Unfortunately the UK company no longer makes them, (Bike-Quip)  however I'm sure someone else could.
Do you think there is a market?

A.
I acknowledge hardworking Australians no matter who they are or where they come from. All those who have contributed to this wonderful country deserve an equal share of gratitude for their contributions. To single any group of individuals out for special homage only denigrates the rest of us.

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Blackwood, SA
Re: These look interesting
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »
It's an interesting concept Totgas, but I think they look a bit ugly.

I asked BikeQuip about three years ago if they were still available, and he advised that he had stopped selling them as the manufacturer could not give him the quality of finish that he was after.
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

BSA M21 600cc single (1948)
Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

Offline Skip

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:20:09 PM »
Concept is good, but it needs to continue down at the rear following the inner guard line a bit more. I'm sure Marcus could give us a better 'mock up' to view.   ;-*
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »
Concept is good, but it needs to continue down at the rear following the inner guard line a bit more. I'm sure

I think he was trying to continue the style of the rest of the bike.  If the pic were of the full side of the bike I think it would look more appropriate.

I personally doubt the would be much of a market.  If we are leaving anything at home it's the top box.  The panniers are too handy for carrying and storing stuff (e.g. a helmet and gloves). If one was wasting an ST13 on tracks days (wrong bike for that, believe me!) then they would be the goods because you take the luggage off for the track.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927