Author Topic: Tyres  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Peterc

• Cowes, Vic
Tyres
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
It's tyre time and yes, research, research, research. My PR3's have been brilliant. I ordered the new pr4gt back at the start of September. Not due in to Victoria until late Feb early March. I have people telling me the angel gt are just as good. Has anyone out there tried both and can advise. Have no rear tread. Getting desperate. A summer with little riding due to tyres is not a good thought.

Offline twisted 1

• ST Legend
Re: Tyres
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 07:29:47 PM »
Hi Peter, currently on 3rd set of Bridgestone T30 gt, great tyre and suit the ST wonderfully. This is my opinion and others will agree/differ, we were having a discussion on our branch ride yesterday about tyres, I said that all modern sport touring tyres are good and it usually comes down to personal choice and for some cost per set.
Life's Too Straight Without The Twistys

Offline Abe

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • 4D Gang Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
Hi Peter, currently on 3rd set of Bridgestone T30 gt, great tyre and suit the ST wonderfully. This is my opinion and others will agree/differ, we were having a discussion on our branch ride yesterday about tyres, I said that all modern sport touring tyres are good and it usually comes down to personal choice and for some cost per set.

I've gone from from PR3's to Bridgestone due to availability and are very happy so far (wet&dry) from Jake Wilson when thedollar was better (bought 2 rears and one front, plan on some riding soon)
At my age " getting lucky" is remembering what I came in the room for ;)

:wht13      Cheers Dave
Member of the 4 D Gang

Offline jimwilly

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 07:21:56 AM »
On my 2nd set of Dunlop roadsmart II. Nice tyre 10500k's out of rear 13000 front. good all rounder.