Honda ST1300 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1300...

TYRE REPAIR

<< < (4/4)

Shiney:
I picked mine up at a local bike shop (I think it was TeamMoto but I'm not sure...)

I decided to get this kit as it is very easy to use and works well (Also with this kit I don't have to deal with the sticky "worms" that other kits have :thumb)
As for the price of the kit, I figured it is worth it when compared to the $40 that the bike shops charge to repair a single puncture :eek
So if I end up using it at least twice I will have saved more money then the cost of the kit :grin

Cheers
Shiney

CallMeSteve:
I have one of these kits, and had a woeful experience with it on a recent trip down south.  The problem seemed to be that while the mushroom stops the plug falling out it does nothing to stop it falling in.  There is no glue, and I read that the plug vulcanises itself to the edges of the hole. Sounds good, but in my case the first attempt at a repair lasted 1 day, and the second attempt failed as soon as I started riding agin.

I dont know if I was doing something wrong, like not pulling hard enough on the plug before cutting off the excess.

Does anyone else have experiences with these plugs in the 6 years since the last post?  I'm thinking that sicky workms might be a more reliable fix.

Biggles:

--- Quote from: CallMeSteve on November 07, 2022, 12:33:24 PM ---Does anyone else have experiences with these plugs in the 6 years since the last post?  I'm thinking that sicky workms might be a more reliable fix.

--- End quote ---

But you need to be sure to carry glue to make them really sticky...    :rofl

CallMeSteve:

--- Quote from: Biggles on November 07, 2022, 12:52:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: CallMeSteve on November 07, 2022, 12:33:24 PM ---Does anyone else have experiences with these plugs in the 6 years since the last post?  I'm thinking that sicky workms might be a more reliable fix.

--- End quote ---

But you need to be sure to carry glue to make them really sticky...    :rofl

--- End quote ---

Well thank you.  I'm rolling all over the back of the tow truck laughing out loud.   :rofl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version