Author Topic: 2021-01-10 Ashbourne Ride To Eat  (Read 905 times)

Bodø

2021-01-10 Ashbourne Ride To Eat
« on: January 10, 2021, 05:00:23 PM »
Firstly condolences to my Queensland counterparts who had to cancel their RTE as Greater Brisbane went into lockdown.  The news report on that mentioned Moreton as a council which made me do some research and learn that three councils had merged.

It was a stinking hot day in Adelaide but we still had quite a good turnout for lunch.  A 600% increase on Port Victoria last month.

Ride report to come later, but here's a couple of photos from lunch.  Richo and Lionel had gone by the time we got out for a group photo.

Being a sunday and a hot day my plan was to ride straight there and straight back so I didn't set up any cameras on the bike besides the dashcam.  I didn't create a spotwalla trip nor take the tablet I use for the GPS tracking.  That said, I did leave earlier than I needed to  get there and halfway down South Road at Melrose Park remembered there was something in the hills I wanted to check out ditched the Flagstaff Hill/Chandlers Hill route and headed up Shepards Hill Road to Upper Sturt, rode through Crafers, Bridgewater, Mylor and Dorset Vale before checking out Mount Bold Reservoir.

Dorset Vale got a few blank stares at the RTE when i was asked which way I came.  No one seemed to know were it was.  No such problem for Mount Bold Reservoir.  It turns out Mount Bold Reservoir is in Dorset Vale's boundaries, although I must confess I didn't know that until I got home and googled it.  The suspension bridge it currently closed to the public.  I didn't use a drone to get this photo, but I do want one.

This photo shows you hot I got it.  The water behind me was gushing out at pace and was quite loud.  It reminded me of working for Raging Thunder in Cairns when we relied on such water releases to do our white water rafting tours.  Last month I heard Raging Thunders shut up shop not long previously.

This was a place I had been wanting to go to for years so now I can cross it off my list.

As I was snapping that I snapped one of Stinky Pete leaving.

From there it was straight home only to stop and refuel near home.

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Offline richo

• Richo
  • Legendary Member
  • ST 2009
Re: 2021-01-10 Ashbourne Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »
 :thumb. A great day for a ride. The meal was excellent as was the company.
Richo

Bodø

Re: 2021-01-10 Ashbourne Ride To Eat
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
A week or so after traversing Dorset Vale and Bradbury the Cherry Gardens bushfire ripped through the area.  Roads in the area were closed for a while but I rode this way back from Yamaha World on thursday.

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker, ruSTynutz