Author Topic: Weekend ride Toowoomba to Port Macquirie  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
Weekend ride Toowoomba to Port Macquirie
« on: November 13, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »
                                        Weekend Ride Toowoomba to Port Macquarie
I did a great ride from Toowoomba to Port Macquarie a couple of weeks ago
Four of us headed from Toowoomba down through Warwick, Stanthorpe to Tenterfield where we stopped for coffee a  bite to eat 
We then headed down through Glen Innes to Guyra where we refuelled and had lunch
Two of my mates who just came for a day ride headed  back to Toowoomba. George on a Triumph Explorer and myself  headed down to Armidale where we turned onto Waterfall Way

We stopped at Ebor Falls for a look then headed on through Dorrigo down to the Pacific Highway this was a great ride one road off my bucket list. Then travelled down the boring Pacific Highway to Port Macquarie
We checked into East Port Motor Inn. We got changed then went for a walk to stretch the muscles After showering we headed to the local Bowls for a few coldies and a bite to eat. We only managed to get something to eat by 10 minutes with this stupid daylight in NSW . A great band played till late then we headed back for a well earned rest.
Waking early next morning we packed up and headed towards Wauchope stopping for breakfast and Fuel at Maca’s near the Pacific Highway
Then we headed for the Oxley highway I have been down but not up the Oxley so We were really looking forward to the ride. We came across a bit of road works but not bad. We got passed by some boy racers passing on double white line corners on the way to Gingers Creek on there Sunday Morning Coffee ride

We pulled up at Ginger’s Creek for a cold drink. We then headed across to Walcha, up to Uralla then onto Armidale where I stopped to ring ST2UP to see what He and Pockey are doing. We arranged to meet at Rafter’s restraint in the main street. After a great lunch and coffee and photo for the forum

We fuelled up and headed up to Stanthorpe where we stopped for a cold drink. Then headed through Warwick Warwick and home to Toowoomba
We had a great weekend ride 720km going down Waterfall Way and 680km coming back on the Oxley Highway   
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

Offline STeveo

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Legend
Re: Weekend ride Toowoomba to Port Macquirie
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 05:34:04 AM »
That is what it's all about Leo.   :thumbsup

:bl11

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 05:52:26 AM »
Good read thanks Leo....was good to catch up mate  :thumbsup

:beer
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:15:46 AM »
Sounds like you had an awesome weekend :thumbsup, thanks for sharing :hatwave
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)