Author Topic: What works on your Bike  (Read 2402 times)

terrydj

What works on your Bike
« on: July 04, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »
"Well"what actually works other than your bike and yourself on your Bike. I have now got a setup thats bloody perfect for me

Cut down screen: Its just perfect
Dash: Yeah bloody perfect and no more crap on the bars
Garmin Zumo GPS: yeap has all the goodies and it works, and you can use it with gloves
Uniden UHF Walkie Talkie: Does the job and its hoked up to a Push to Talk
John Moorhouse Seat: My bum smiles every time I sit on it :thumbsup
SPOT Satelite messenger: Bloody Brilliant. Lets people know whare I am, whats happening, and if I needs it, it send Help. Bloody Brilliant
Big Hand Grips: Just the best, cause you just rest your handon em
Autocom Comms system: Well I have had five different comms systemsall of em had faults??? Thisis my cond Autocom System anI shouldn't ofgot rid of my first :|||| Everything is easy to use with gloves on. The phone worked straight up with no adjusrments through my Garmin Zumo, no matter what speed your pillion can hear you easily and the connections are not exposed to damage like some and are easily put together and stay connected unlike ahhhhhhhh one unit I had
Olympia jacket and Pants: None better other than the zillion dollar BMW gear.
Dririder rallyCross Pro Jacket: All the rest of the Dririder stuff I had was junk, but this jacket works. It has great pockets and zips that can be used with gloves on and a Camelback Hydration Bladder in the back thats Bloody Perfect. Highly recommended
BMW ProWinter Gloves: These work. Are waterproof, are comfortable and fit really well. Just make sure you know what size to get cause they don't stretch.
Slime Compressor: Saved a walk home a few times  :thumb Just a great bit of gear and you can put your spare fuzes and worms in it and a tyre pressure guage
12V Cig Lighter: Have mine in the middle of the cover that covers up the bars on the ST1100. Its a so called waterproof oneand it must work as its ben their for a few years now without a problem.
USB Thing: now this thing is as small as and you can plug all your charging gear in whe it sits in the Cig Lighter.
Link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Mini-USB-Universal-Car-Charger-Adapter-iPhone-iPod-MP3-4-/160835448245?pt=AU_MobilePhoneAccessories&hash=item25728a2db5
Driider Tank Bag: Had me a few but this one is the best. Just had to glue some metal washer to the fake Tank so it hs something to grip on. It has 2 compartments
 and the bottom one has my Australian camping guide booklet in it and a 3 metre tarp, and the top has everything including my Fuel Stove
Hella ff50 Driving lights: Most excellent with HID inserts

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:04:14 PM by terrydj »

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: What works on your Bike
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
What, no driving lights?
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

terrydj

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
"Fixed" :thumbsup

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
Still a work in progress

Higher Screen: Air flow goes over my head now.
Saddlemen Gel Seat: I sit a little lower and a little further back, partner sits a little higher.
12 Volt Power in LH Pocket: Every tourer should have one. Still need to get a waterproof one and install it.
Towbar and wiring: First thing I put on and makes it a little easier to tow my trailer
Classic Trailer Can carry everything you need for touring, nothing on the bike that can be stolen as it's locked in trailer.
OEM Rack: OEM rack to mount RJays Top Case from previous bike.
RJays Top Case: For anything like camera's, phones etc we might need have quick access to on a ride/tour
Goat skin seat cover: Makes seat a little more comfortable on longer rides, stored in LH side case on wet days.
Driving Lights: Mounted in tempory position under headlights.
Mio Moov GPS: Bought for car but shared with bike when needed.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »

Towbar and wiring: First thing I put on and makes it a little easier to tow my trailer

"A little easier to tow" than what?  Did you have a rope before?
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »

"A little easier to tow" than what?  Did you have a rope before?

I guess it's a little easier to tow a trailer with a tow bar rather than not having one,   :think1 otherwise it would be rather difficult if not impossible.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Brian

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »
I upsized when I bought mine 'with the works'
I jus wanna ride my bike

09 ST1300 Charcoal Metallic (Grey GhoST)
09 ST1300 Candy Glory Red (Red MiST)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
I upsized when I bought mine 'with the works'

And did Fries come with that?

Offline Brian

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Immortal
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
Dunno about fries.... But it burns up km's.... A mile muncher
I jus wanna ride my bike

09 ST1300 Charcoal Metallic (Grey GhoST)
09 ST1300 Candy Glory Red (Red MiST)