Honda ST1300 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1300

locked rear brake

<< < (2/2)

alans1100:
The last time I replaced the pads on my 1100A and using OEM pads I had to leave those plates out due to lack of room which I knew to be wrong as they have gone in before.

Looking at the Calliper parts list I notice a hidden pin which should greased from time to time. Item 13 in the image. The rubber boot (item 15) I think helps prevent the grease from dying out which would cause the calliper to not slide so freely and maybe not allowing the calliper to open fully at a pad change.

My 1100 is coming off the road soon mainly to go over the brake system. I've been lucky so far as the callipers still have original seals and pistons (including the master cylinders) which I think is quite good for a bike nearing 20 years of age.

Shiney:
Hi guys
 I realised I missed a VERY important piece of information
 ( that'll teach me for putting up a post when I'm half asleep)

After the install of the rear brakes (with the metal plates) the wheel was spinning freely until I applied the rear brake for the first time, after this is when the issue began.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gadget:

--- Quote from: Shiney on January 23, 2019, 06:58:55 PM ---Hi guys
 I realised I missed a VERY important piece of information
 ( that'll teach me for putting up a post when I'm half asleep)

After the install of the rear brakes (with the metal plates) the wheel was spinning freely until I applied the rear brake for the first time, after this is when the issue began.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
That points to what Allan said re the grading of the slides being the issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version