Honda ST1300 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1300

Fuel pump not engaging

<< < (2/3) > >>

DJW:
So, I have this week off.  All plastic comes off today to get in and around the bike.  Also forgot to mention that the battery is cactus, but I would have to assume that the bike shop used a good battery, not my crappy one that wont hold charge.  Off to get a new battery this morning and a trickle charger.
I am not a mechanic by any stretch, but I have a basic understanding if a wire is getting power or an earth is dodgy.  I know that the bike shop has said they checked everything they can, but my brain tells me to have a crack myself.  I have printed of the topics re the various suggestions and I guess its now a matter of trial and error to see if I can get the fuel pump to prime. If I cannot figure this out there may be a cheap ST1300 on the market at weeks end.

ST2UP:

--- Quote from: DJW on January 02, 2021, 09:16:34 AM ---So, I have this week off.  All plastic comes off today to get in and around the bike.  Also forgot to mention that the battery is cactus, but I would have to assume that the bike shop used a good battery, not my crappy one that wont hold charge.  Off to get a new battery this morning and a trickle charger.
I am not a mechanic by any stretch, but I have a basic understanding if a wire is getting power or an earth is dodgy.  I know that the bike shop has said they checked everything they can, but my brain tells me to have a crack myself.  I have printed of the topics re the various suggestions and I guess its now a matter of trial and error to see if I can get the fuel pump to prime. If I cannot figure this out there may be a cheap ST1300 on the market at weeks end.

--- End quote ---

I’m reasonably sure it will be a shorted wire in the loom that zigzags around under the seat.

I know this because it happened to me exactly as you have described  ;-*

I’m sure I put a thread with the fix here on the forum.....all I did was ID the problem but not the exact location of the issue as it occurred in the loom over a wire distance of about 2 metres.

My fix was to use a water proof fuse holder from the Fuel relay to the pump and install a 20amp fuse, this way if I get so inclined one day I can pull the fuse and replicate the issue to repair. I can almost guarantee I will never have the time.....this has worked for last 4 yrs without issue.

Cheers

DJW:
Hi, there are 3 wires of the pump, two brown and a green.  Which wire did you connect straight to the fuel relay and what position on the relay please

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

PC:
http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=8672.msg102276#new
If I have done it Wright try this link

West Aussie Glen:
DJW did you ever solve the problem? Sounds like maybe your key wasn't deactivating the HISS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version