Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Cams, Cam Mounts, Editing Software...

Another Rider fined for camera on helmet

<< < (5/5)

Brock:
Many helmets in WA, dont have the 5tick sticker. Standards Aust dont issue stickers, ( dont actually exist any more ) SAI Global (owners of AS symbol and 5 ticks) dont issue stickers. Thats where the helmet regs break down.

Bikebear:
There are several organisations that can test helmet compliance to the standard and issue their own compliance sticker. The important thing is the lining has a compliance mark with the appropriate standard e.g. AS1698 or the appropriate ECE standard (at least in QLD). The 5 tick sticker as the only compliance mark went out years ago and if WA still have that as the only compliance requirement for helmets then they really need to come into the 21st century and update their legislation.

winston66:
Hi there Bikerbear,

All I can say is NO, NO, NO, No more rules and laws Please.

There is, are, (in m opinion), already too many confusing rules , laws , opinions  existing now , I would not poke that snake  at all , I would prefer to let the sleeping dog lie and not think about stiring up the pathetic authority people at any cost.
Whilst ambiguity exists in the  piss pore legislation, Let us bike riders use our own common sense about how much we value our  personal safety and well being , and what sort of effort we as individuals are prepared to take in order to protect ourselves.
I believe that Individual people should be responsible for their own personal conduct.

Cheers to all ,
Winston66
Northampton , Western Australia

Bodø Glimt:

--- Quote from: Couch on November 22, 2014, 10:02:45 PM ---It's a great spot for taking still shots but I found there was too much vibration for successful video in that position, hence the mount on top of the helmet, which also gives a clear view of everything ahead. This is the beauty of the Drift Ghost Camera, it's small and unobtrusive, and controlled from your riding position using the remote control unit that I have strapped to my left handlebar, then it's simply a matter of pressing a button, and away ya go!! :grin

--- End quote ---

I've tried camera of various parts of my bike.  I find stills generally are quite good from any spot bus as you say video does get affected from the vibration.  I find the best spot on the fro the front is attaching the camera behind the screen (not possible on a lot of models though) but the sun can play havoc with it if you're heading towards it.  On the rear I usually attach my camera under the top box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version