Author Topic: tupperware refit  (Read 1149 times)

Offline hobs

• ST Legend
tupperware refit
« on: November 08, 2012, 05:50:28 AM »
Hi Guys, ready to put the 'shell' back on the bike (1986 ST1100). Has anyone got a list of what bolt or screw goes where? Unfortunately in my haste to strip the plastic off to start restoring, I didn't put too much thought into refitting and just threw all the screws and bits into a container thinking it won't be so difficult to refit. Now some 12mths+ later, I don't know what fits where, (screws I mean, not panels, I'm not that dum, or am I?). is there a list or some information available that could help. Not all the screws and bits where originally there as well and some odd fitting practices were carried out, such as dyna-bolts sealed in with body-bog holding the windscreen on. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hobs

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: tupperware refit
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
some odd fitting practices were carried out, such as dyna-bolts sealed in with body-bog holding the windscreen on. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hobs

Phew- you sure you need advice?  Sounds like you got this fixing thing beat!!   :popcorn
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927