Author Topic: Radar detectors...seen this?  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Radar detectors...seen this?
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:44:58 AM »
I came across this web page this morning and thought I'd share it. Has anyone else seen this with the claims of 100% undetectable detectors? They even have bike-specific systems!, if a bit pricey. What are people's thoughts on these?

My personal opinion is that it seems very much like cheating to me for the cops to have the technology to detect my speed, then make the technology that means I could see them doing it illegal for me to own...just sour grapes if you ask me.

I know that the best way to avoid getting pinged for speeding is not to speed, but we all do it at times, so why shouldn't we be able to employ the technology to protect ourselves?
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

atoyot

Re: Radar detectors...seen this?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »
Which web page? :popcorn

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:00:21 AM »
Funnily enough, the mob who designed the detector detectors, made radar detectors. They then made stealth detectors that their detector detectors couldnt detect....

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Radar detectors have a beneficial effect, in that every time it goes off you will check your speed. Detectors arent musch good against fixed/mobile cameras, as their signal strength is very low, or against Lidar (Laser guns) as these are turned on at each firing at a target. hear the warning and you are more than likely the target. They are very good at finding car mounted units, as they will be shooting at many cars even in burst mode, so you will get ample warning.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:28 AM »
There's this site http://www.delonixradar.com.au/radar-detectors/stealth/

And for a more FAQ about speed detection here http://www.delonixradar.com.au/south-australia/#defence is from SA but should be similar to rest of country

1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:26 AM »
It's just been pointed out to me that I forgot to put the dammed link in the first post...12-12-12 must be the explanation!.

Here it is;

http://www.dontgetcaught.com.au/home.html

Sorry!!!!
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
I know that the best way to avoid getting pinged for speeding is not to speed, but we all do it at times, so why shouldn't we be able to employ the technology to protect ourselves?

I suppose it comes back to the right of law enforcers to be equipped and able to detect crime.
A bit like why other technologies are illegal e.g. gun silencers.
If you accept that speeding is a crime, then the enforcers have to be allowed to detect and prosecute it.  Logically, anything that decreases their efficiency in this task will be in the same category as hindering an Officer in the carrying out of their duties.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927