Author Topic: Streaks OzSTOC Rally 2015 Report/sign off  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Streaks OzSTOC Rally 2015 Report/sign off
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:10 PM »
Well what to say, but after 4 National OzSTOC Rally's they are still my favourite time of year!

I did have a couple of early Visitors on Tuesday and Thursday

This year being strange, having ridden 4.1km to get to the Rally was something very much out of the norm! for 2013 and 2014 Shiney and I racked up almost 10,000km and 4 weeks inside each others heads covering several states, and this year I must say did feel a little sad as with Diesel is my favourite mate to go riding with....

so after completing a comprehensive ride map to get to the Caravan Park on Friday morning:

It was great to simply be standing there, looking about seeing the people starting to arrive, and the faces from years gone past saying hello, and the new faces just as excited to say hello!

(I shall leave out the point that i didn't not recognize our guest speaker and road rider editor Mick Matherson, for some reason Chris keeps reminding me about it)

the Ladies of OzSTOC did a fantastic job plating up all the nibbles for everyone to watching the Shave for a Cure Happen for Wendy and Johnny

hats to everyone who chipped in to raise well over a $1,300, it was not planned and i think Teela is still in shock, but it will go down as the most expensive hair cut i have ever had!

to be honest the short hair is driving me mad and i am willing it to grow faster!

much merriment and laughter was had, an excellent BBQ by APEX, and even after heading to bed and hearing the late night clunk, bang, stumble of Diesel after another "social" evening with Growly, it was up early to make sure everything was tip top and ready.

and Toowoomba did not disappoint! Heavy fog started the morning at 6am, Having Cruisin Cappachino's Coffee Van there, and APEX Cooking the Bacon nice and early, OzSTOC member emerged from fog like gorillas in the mist....

Fed and watered it was very cool to watch the Club assemble for our Annual Rally ride, this year i was tail end Charlie, so i had the best seat in the house, rolling out of Toowoomba, and heading for Wyreema, there was something just amazing about looking about 2-3km of ST's rolling around corner and up and down hills, for our first stop at Rudds Pub for smoko

Rudds Pub is steeped in History, and put on a heck of a good feed, it was the first proper chance for me to get around everyone and say hello to everyone, although the size of the Scones was causing me problems!

it was an impromptu group photo at the pub, and it was back on the bikes for the 2nd third of the ride, it is a real credit to how over a 100 strangers can ride in a group together and be so organised and aware of other riders, and get along so well.

so it was rolling through the country side enjoying the amazing weather the Darling Downs had turned on it was landing in Leyburn at the Royal Hotel in what seemed no time!

Photos don't do justice how good it looked with all the bikes lined up at the pub

for having already had 2 meals today we where a hungry lot, i think the joke " can the guy in the Maroon Shirt move his ST please" was bandied around just 1 to many times!

We even started to take over the garden beds!

this is the best shot i took of all the bikes lined up

as well as taking over the pub we even took over the balcony of the house across the road so Mick and IanB could take the rally photo, and where did we find the owner of the house, in the pub of course!

after we had eaten, drunk, and laughed ourselves to a standstill it was back into Toowoomba, where Danielle and Mick where stationed at various points on the road taking photos!

after the Swap Meet happened, it was shower and ready for the National Rally Dinner, this photo made me laugh as for the bus wide selfie, Sicman was strangely serious!

as you can see from the food below, Col from Regents on the Lake did an amazing Job feeding us all, his famous line "If anyone is still hungry, i will drive them to McDonald's myself"

Dinner was fantastic as was everyone who spoke, congrats to everyone who received awards and mentions, it was a slightly emotional one for me as this was the close of my duties as admin/event organiser for OzSTOC, and i could feel the clock ticking down, and to be honest i had lump in my throat more than once, then....

Chris and the Admin team sprang an amazing surprise on Diesel and I handing us the first ever life memberships, i was stunned and amazingly enough speechless.....the awards themselves where brilliant and faultless, all i can say is thank you again.

Sunday was wet from all the storms and heavy fog, so after breakfast we called off the Esk Bakery ride, so the day was spent packing up, sorting out and socializing, the stragglers Dinner it is starting to become known as had almost 40 people, and for me was the most relaxed part, just to relax and listen and laugh...

Monday was up early and my last official duty was to take Mel to the plane, and of course make sure she got her Hip Pocket photo as she missed out on the shop

to sum it up, Thank you to PC and Leo, would not have organised this with any other men, it was an honour to do it with you, everything we did came off, and the hand shakes and smiling faces sure showed it.

a special thank you to Teela for 4 years of patience.....she will have a harsh reality of me having all this time on my hands i might just drive her mad, but she has backed me with everything i needed to do with OzSTOC. thanks babe.

Thank you to everyone for giving me an awesome bunch of mates, it is going to be nice to sit back with Diesel and go to work on our new venture, and attend Rally 2016 and be blown away by the fantastic event the boys and girls are going to put on for us over there!

Cheers

Streak (Graham)

Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
Re: Streaks OzSTOC Rally 2015 Report/sign off
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:21:02 PM »
Great Rally Report mate :hatwave
And congrats again on the well deserved award :clap :clap :clap
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline tj189

• Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 08:13:39 AM »
Thanks for posting your report up Streak, a good read  :clap
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:17:35 AM »
Always a great read thanks Stripe Streak  :p :Blow

Who was that bloke again  :nahnah
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:44:02 AM »
Great report :hatwave:

Offline spanner

• Blue is better .... apparently
  • NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • legend in my own match box.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »
 ++
F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

I acknowledge the Bindal and Wulgurukaba traditional custodians of this Australian land that I work, live and play on, and pay my respect to their cultures, their ancestors and to the elders, past, present and all future generations.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 09:49:10 AM »
A fitting Epilogue!     :thumbs
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline WendyL

• RTE Coordinator
  • Extremely nice person, angelic even....
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
 :thumbs :thumbs
Great Rally, great report1
:KissBlow
Wendy
2005 ST1300
FarRider #913

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 02:29:39 PM »
Be positive, lots of road time for next year in WA  :hatwave

Great report  :thumb Each national Rally has had its own character, so I expect WA to be different again and just as good, as it is the people attending who make it  :beer

I actually may have been with Diesel along with Growly  :think1 
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Pocket STocker

• Global Moderator
  • Snuggled UP2ST2UP
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 06:37:10 PM »
Thanks Streak, I love reading about the great time people had at OzSToc events.

Pockey  ;-*
Pockey

Skinny Milk Tantrum Speacilist #1

FarRider #757

pillions@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792420

Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life ;)

Offline denis

• ST Legend
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 09:27:19 PM »
Great report Streak, sorry we had to leave sunday am as wanted to have good look around Toowoomba area but had three monthly check up to get to and don't like missing them. We will be back to complete said look around see you then. You and Diesel have done a great thing starting OZSTOC and nice to see you get LIFE MEMBERSHIP. Well done, Denis Diane.

Offline STeveo

• ST Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 05:06:33 PM »
 :thumbsup

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »
Nicely put into words and pics mate.     :rockon

I said to you more than once that weekend... "Do you realise after this you are ACTUALLY retired!!!???"    :eek

Hard to believe what magnitude of joy OzSTOC has brought us, what a wonderful ride this has been, and how many fantastic people we have had cross our paths as a result.

This has shown me how strong the Club is, and how good the quality is of the people who both make up the membership, and the leadership, and how a new chapter is being written by those whom have begun their own journey of amazement. OzSTOC certainly is in good hands, and will enjoy a rock solid future. I am proud of you all.   :-++

Cheers, Diesel
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:14:41 PM by Diesel »
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au