General Category > General Discussion

Windscreen Drive gear

(1/2) > >>

BM Brian:
I think this has been discussed before however I can't find a suitable resolution as yet, the dreaded windscreen drive gear failure, mine finally gave up the ghost at 116k's, after a few hours work I found my gear like all others that havre failed has the stripped/worn teeth. I am now investigating the possibility of have a new one made using 3D printing, if I am successful I will get a few made for any other poor unfortunates whose bikes has have suffer a similar fate, if however someone has managed to get replacement gears made please let me know where I can get one.

Cheers

ruSTynutz:
They are available from Bikequip in the UK, not cheap though...  :thumbs

https://www.st1300-accessories.co.uk/screen-mech-repair

#edit: I just looked up the cost and currently it's roughly $321 AUD including shipping. |-i

That does includes replacement cables as well as the actual gear though...

BM Brian:
I bit the bullet and ordered a repair from the UK, while it is a simple matter to get the gear made, the problem is the weird spiral cables which also need replacing, so I would advise people to do a bit of servicing on their screens

Cheers

Williamson:

--- Quote from: BM Brian on April 15, 2024, 11:02:17 AM ---I bit the bullet and ordered a repair from the UK, while it is a simple matter to get the gear made, the problem is the weird spiral cables which also need replacing, so I would advise people to do a bit of servicing on their screens

Cheers

--- End quote ---

The RHS weird spiral cable on my original ST1300 popped out of its track and jammed.  It's back in for now, but some more serious attention will be needed for it to work properly, that'll be a day or two job for me.  In the meantime, I don't raise or lower the screen. 

West Aussie Glen:
Try not to raise/lower the screen at speed it puts a lot more load on the gear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version