Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

shinko tyres

<< < (2/2)

Williamson:
I thought the Shinko was okay up to the point when it lost air and I ran it flat.

Would not bother with Shinko's again though, replaced with PR4's,

STroppy:
John, Lionel and I used many sets of Shinko's over a number of years, never had any problems, but never let them wear to that degtee . . . I would only get about 8-10,000 ks out of a rear tyre though. Mind you that was average despite make of tyre . .

pault:
that's interesting. this is just me, may i suggest if you are only getting 10k from a shinko tyre as compared to a pr3 or similar getting 20K plus one would be better off $ wise with the pr3 etc. my main worry was the lack of confidence with the shinko. a well "cupped" pr3 was better. even with the "fallingof the edge" feeling. what's the old saying? you pays your $ and makes your choice, as long as you are happy and trust the shinko tyre, something i could not quite do. To many runs on roads with tared polished gravel in the rain at night, longest 20k I ever did and all to often in summer.

Wild Rose:
I have 25,000km on my Pilot Road 4's and plenty of tred left, I will relook at them at 30,000km and see how they are going  :like

STroppy:
Nah, didn't matter if tyres were Shinko, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Dunlop, Michelin, Contis etc . . . All around 10,000 ks for rear . . Had more to do with my right wrist, seems to keep twitching a lot, especially in the twisties . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version