Author Topic: News: Ben T has had a crash  (Read 5348 times)

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
Re: News: Ben T has had a crash
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 08:08:56 PM »
Thanks Shiney - Glad Ben and Chris are on the mend  :thumb
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

The following users thanked this post: BenT

Offline BenT

• ST Legend
Re: News: Ben T has had a crash
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes folks.

Well the ST has now gone and has been auctioned off at Manheim Auctions Eagle Farm last Friday 17th June. I don't know how much it sold for but I suspect it will be broken up by wreckers for parts. I owned the bike for 21 years so had a lot of history with it and put most of the kms on the clock but at this stage I don't know if we will buy another. I've been keeping an eye on the ST1100 for sale ads on the net and I still think they are an excellent bike but I also know they are very heavy, especially when wheeling around in the garage. But, you never know!!

Chris and I are getting over the prang but Chris hasn't been back on a bike yet and I suspect it may be a few more weeks before she will do so. The main problem is her ribs and knee which took the brunt of the impact and at this stage she hasn't got full movement with her knee. Hopefully she doesn't have permanent damage. We have a lot more riding to do yet!! Thankfully insurance has paid out and our riding gear is in the process of being replaced.

I hope the bastard who hit us gets a very hefty fine and has to pay out for his troubles!

Well, hopefully we will see you all at an RTE in the not too distant future - probably on a BMW but we could be on one of my CB750/4s.

Thanks and bye for now.

Ben & Chris T

The following users thanked this post: DBfive, ST2UP