Author Topic: Interesting announcement for Eastern State FarRiders....  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
Interesting announcement for Eastern State FarRiders....
« on: July 19, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
There has been quite an announcement over at FarRiders concerning East FarRides.

Read about it here......

http://farriders.com/forum15/index.php?topic=4933.msg96976#msg96976
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
Re: Interesting announcement for Eastern State FarRiders....
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 01:56:06 PM »
It had been reaching this point for a while.  From when I went to my first event (Tottenham, while Davo was still around) the numbers have gone up dramatically.  Hopefully this will enable smaller places to have events, which will be good for them.  Also means I may be able to remember all the riders' names   :think1
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

terrydj

Re: Interesting announcement for Eastern State FarRiders....
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
Remember Davo asking me to come to the first Faride which finished in Moree. You see Davo sold my house at Cooroy and when I met him we had just ridden back in one hit from Adelaide to Cooroy and Davo said he was thinking about getting back into Motorcycling so we kinda stayed in touch since then.

Only ever did one Faride, just because I once promissed Davo, I would, but could never understand why it always at to end up at a pub or similar?????????? Stopped at Nambucca for under an hour and then went home. Nothing better than lining up for something to drink and then having to wait for ages to get something to eat after riding a 1000 kays or more????????
Why not end up at a park, lake or something with a view, where you can sit down have a yak, something to drink, a few sausage sangas and a swim. Bloody worked most excellently for all my riding life.
But then again I suppose things just have to get harder and harder instead of simpler and simpler.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:45:38 AM by terrydj »