Author Topic: 2018-10-20 Balaklava RTE  (Read 934 times)

2018-10-20 Balaklava RTE
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »
I'll start by saying I didn't take the most direct route (no surprise there).  I've passed this apple in Balhannah many times but today was the first time I stoped and photographed it.  It's not on the wikipedia page for Australia's big things but it would be as big as the one in Acacia Ridge which is on that list.  I passed through Acacia Ridge one last year.

I've lost count of how many times I have traversed Birdwood since the Not The National Rally RTE in august.

I've passed through Eden Valley a few times in the past but this it the first time I have ridden up to the lookout.  There is quite a good view from there.

The Freeling township was also a first for me.  I've passed in an the main road either side of town but today I actually went in.  Like many places here is has a disused railway.  A road trip in South Australia isn't complete if you don't see a disused railway or a salt lake.  Today was the railway (not pictured).

The venue for today's RTE was the Royal Hotel in Balaklava.  I now have a picture to put in Williamson's Royal thread.   :nahnah

I managed to photograph every other attendee as they rocked up, just like I did in Melrose.

I took custody of the South Australian Ozstoc flag from Alan and shall be taking it to Harrow next month.

I took a roundabout route home and arrived safely somewhere around the 1600 mark.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 05:56:09 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy