Author Topic: Tassie turned it on yesterday  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Tassie turned it on yesterday
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »
Fantastic day here on the Apple Isle yesterday, 8) sunny, warm, with a maximum temperature of 28 degrees (with no humidity) made for very pleasant riding conditions. We just couldn't let the day go to waste so we headed off on a ride up the East Coast to Buckland where we stopped at a great little roadside cafe for fuel, coffee, and flathead fillets, an interesting combination, but we've been there before and we know how good they are, and super cheap as well!  We'd had a couple of days of windy weather prior to yesterday but the wind speed had dropped to zero for us and that provided fantastic riding conditions. The thing I noticed particularly about our ride was the incredible light of the day. Because the air in Tassie is so clear, the light and clarity of the day was amazing, the colour of the fields, the trees, the water, was amazing, and unfortunately I'd left my camera at home, and I was kicking myself. Sorry guys, no pics!!  For those who might not know..........North West Tasmania, is known to have the clearest air in the world, of course it picks up a little crap on it's short journey across the state, but by the time it reaches the East Coast it's still pristine, compared to almost anywhere else. This gives amazing light and clarity, and is a photographers dream! The weather here can change so quickly though, and today is overcast with very light misty intermittent rain.  We picked it right yet again!! :runyay

There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
Re: Tassie turned it on yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:34:58 AM »
nice... yeah it's overcast here in Vic...

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »
Thanks Couch - glad to see you're getting a few miles in lately.

Sorry to see your excellent camera gear still collecting dust!        :wink1                :Stirpot

Just kiddin mate - would love to be out riding with you guys one day.

Thanks for teasing  sharing.      :grin

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:10:02 PM »
Well done Baz.  While the rest of us work!!!

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 10:05:19 PM »
Never mind mate, better days ahead!! :grin

Well done Baz.  While the rest of us work!!!
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!