Author Topic: Ute vs Motorbike on Pacific Motroway this morning  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Ute vs Motorbike on Pacific Motroway this morning
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
From BrisbaneTimes.com.au;

"A motorcyclist has died after his bike crashed into a ute on the Pacific Motorway this morning.

Police said the motorcycle collided with the utility in the southbound lanes of the motorway at Beenleigh about 7am.

It is understood the ute stopped suddenly in traffic.

The motorcyclist, believed to be aged in his 30s, was taken by ambulance to Logan Hospital in a critical condition, but died a short time later.

The female driver of the ute was taken to Logan Hospital as a precaution.

Two southbound lanes of the motorway were closed after the crash, but have since been re-opened.

The Forensic Crash Unit is investigating."

So once again the rider dies and the driver walks away unscathed!... Be careful out there, they are all nuts, and bloody dangerous

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/motorcyclist-killed-in-motorway-crash-20130118-2cx0k.html#ixzz2II25MgRg
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Bikebear

• Legendary Member
  • Livin' it up in FNQ..
Re: Ute vs Motorbike on Pacific Motroway this morning
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
"It is understood the ute stopped suddenly in traffic"  I get people stopping suddenly in front of me quite often but I am constantly watching and preparing for this possibility, and leaving a reasonable space to the car in front. It's terrible that someone died, however riding in traffic is dangerous and if you're riding there you need to be extra careful.  Not necessarliy the ute drivers fault, who knows what was happening up ahead.

Most important things when riding.. observation, anticipation and self preservation.
Craig..
STOC #8215
UC #42145
SCA#2478

Gold '99 ST1100A (Golden Brown), Black '04 VT750, Red '15 1800 Valkyrie (Hildr), Black '08 DN01

"Golden Brown finer temptress, Never a frown with Golden Brown"

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 03:57:53 PM »
I agree, but it becomes incredibly depressing when the outcome of these incidents, no matter the circumstances is almost certainly a headline that says "Motorcyclist dies"
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

atoyot

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
If he didn't die, we wouldn't have even known about it, and that the unseen and usually un-publicised side of road trauma; those that do live but are maimed and incapacitated :(. I guess that's just our lot in life, to an extent. Relatively un-protected, we tend to get killed or injured much easier than most other road users. Sort of a macabre pecking order. Only below us are cyclists and pedestrians. When we make mistakes, we usually pay, but when something bigger than us does and we are involved, we usually pay too. 2c 5c worth.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:44:09 PM by atoyot »