Author Topic: RTE Meredith - Sun 30 Jan 2022  (Read 8591 times)

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
Re: RTE Meredith - Sun 30 Jan 2022
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2022, 03:43:15 PM »
With no plans in place after the RTE, Sue & I decided to head up to Ballarat...

Seeing the sign to Sovereign Hill we tossed up whether it was worth checking the place out seeing as there wasn't a huge amount of time before it closed.
Deciding it was, we handed over the cash, luckily getting in cheaper using my pension card!  :runyay

It wasn't long before we were regretting carrying our bike jackets though as the humidity and a much hotter day than expected, had us soaked in sweat.
Thankfully a young lass from the Photography Shop took pity on us and offered to look after our jackets while we continued our wander around...Thanks Belinda!  :rockon

After a lap of the streets we had pretty much seen enough and, dying of thirst, we headed around the back to the Cafe...only to find it had closed at 4pm...Grrr!  :fp

After picking up our jackets we then headed for the exit, thankfully finding the gift shop still open (only just) so we were able to buy some water and an icy pole.

The ride home was pretty uneventful, only stopping at a Maccas to again quench our thirst and to have a stretch.

Traffic through the city was surprisingly light considering it was the last day of school holidays which pleased me no end!

Arriving at Cranbourne we had a bit of a break before departing (now solo) as Sue was travelling home by car.
I was relishing the cooler night air (not so much the buffeting winds)...so was almost disappointed when I arrived home around 10pm...hangin' out for a cuppa and a refreshing shower...

All in all a great day!  :runyay

Sue...nearly ready for the Undertaker after fagging out with the heat...  :grin

Not quite ready for these...yet! :X

The Local Fire Brigade...

Play it again, Sam...err, I mean Sue...

2005 Honda ST1300A

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker