OzSTOC News & Rider Assistance > OzSTOC News & Events...

Saaz's Final Gift to OzSTOC

(1/19) > >>

ST2UP:

Late last year OzSTOC lost a member, friend, mate and mentor in John Nagle (SAAZ).

Saaz's passion and devotion towards motorcycling in general was undisputed, but he held a special place in his heart and soul for OzSTOC......this tremendous group of Honda ST owners that he helped bring together shaping the club into the group we are all proud to call our motorbike club.

Over the last couple of years Saaz spent most of his riding hours on his brilliant Triumph Trophy while his beloved and well ridden Honda ST1100 took a well earn rest from touring duties, the bike remained registered and road worth until late last year.

As a sign of the devotion Saaz held for OzSTOC and in conjunction with John's family his beloved ST1100 has been bequeathed to OzSTOC to do with as we wish. This has been in the pipeline for some months now and has just recently come to fruition.

This gave us some time to consider our options for the bike and its future.....

So with great pleasure I would like to announce that OzSTOC is going to commence a project to develop our own club bike.

The plan is to collect the bike from Canberra where it will be moved to a central location in NSW close to a few skilled ST1100 aficionados to commence restoration of Saaz's White ST1100. The project initially will be to assess the requirements to bring the ST up to a club bike worth status, the bike will be mostly de-farkled and bought back to a stunning fresh white ST1100 with tasteful club signage and a tribute to its owner Saaz.

I wish to emphasis that this project is something we wish the entire club to take ownership in and be proud of and enjoy seeing the build come together. While we want the bike to shine as a representative of our club it won't be kept behind glass......many people under the right circumstances will have the opportunity to see and even ride the club bike at and to various club functions. We acknowledge we will have some hurdles to overcome with a club owned bike, but we will persist and make this something truly great for the greater club.

Let's all get behind this and really show what the OzSTOC family can achieve.

Streak:
This is one of the truly greatest moments in OzSTOC in my mind, sets a tear in my eye to see this come to fruition, all i can say is I tip my hat to everyone who made this happen.

Truly honoured to be part of this group of people, nothing compares to what we have done, and will do.

Our hands are up for whatever you need to put this together.

Cheers

Streak & Teela

Grumpy:
As Streak said..I can't say it better.

My hand's up for whatever I can contribute

Gadget:
:thumbs :popcorn

johnnyYTED:
I'd be honoured to help with labour to have saaz's bike restored. So when its needed please give me a call.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version