Honda ST1300 Section > Suspension ST1300

Fork gaiters for ST1300s

(1/4) > >>

Biggles:
There hasn't been much mention of leaking fork seals lately, but I'm a big believer in preventative maintenance.
Well, I like to think so, since it sounds very noble.

Anyhoo, the off-road mob are keen on gaiters, and I researched their recommendations.  The best ones apparently are NOJ and I got a pair from the States for the Strom.  But they're quite dear.

Then I stumbled upon a pair in my local bike shop that are also neoprene, large and the same design for a quarter the price.
They wrap around the top of the outer and taper onto the tube using strong velcro.
The problem was, they pulled straight off the outer as soon as the fork compressed and rebounded.
So I ran a cable tie through the gaiter and down around the outer which keeps it in place and lets the tube slide freely.
No more bugs and road spray on my shiny forks, thank you!    ++

And yes, those are roo whistles under the lights.  I told you I'm a big believer!   :grin

Brookester:
What shiny forks??? Can't see them for the gators.... :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Biggles:

--- Quote from: Brookester on September 08, 2016, 08:37:25 PM ---What shiny forks??? Can't see them for the gators.... :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

--- End quote ---

Peel yer eyes!  Right up the very top...    :p

Brian:
I grew up with this gator......smootheST operator in the swamp......

Pocket STocker:
I can see sales of OzSTOC beer coolers going through the roof....should I order another 100  :nahnah

:butt

**crap....yes it me ST2UP, we are tablet sharing and not the pharmaceutical kind  :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version